Will this give my Supercharger a whoosh?

Discussion in 'Turbocharged, Supercharged or Nitrous !' started by eViL, Jan 15, 2004.

1. DEX

Dex Paid Member Paid Member

Jules - love it!

2. big_540 New Member

in response to corallo's post. the load on a supercharger isnt direct to the airflow. a supercharger in effect is being turned by the engine pulley, so is sucking in air. the air is not turning the charger. so if u were to block the intake of a charger then it would decelerate, then putting drag on the engine due to the pulleys being loaded. whereas if you force yet more air into a charger it would increase the speed of the turbine thus easing load from the pulley, so therefore allowing it to spin faster, which in effect is decreasing the load on the engine. so a recirc valve would be a good thing theoreticly, if it were to work in this mannor. unfortunately i cant finish answering this question as i have very little experience of practical turbo/super charger setups but have shown a lot of interest due to wanting to FI my 93' Golf VR. hope this helps.

3. eViL Forum Member

Dudes.

I just wanted the noise.

Sorry. :p

4. ereeiz Forum Member

I want to know if i can get one for a G40. But I guess not. but the wastegate noise I hadnt thought of [:D]
    Do G40s have them? (I'd assume so to stop overboost on teh rev limiter)