window rattle

Discussion in 'Miscellaneous Technical Queries' started by dubber, Dec 21, 2004.

1. dubber New Member

My mkIV Golf V5 has an annoying window/door rattle when travelling over uneven road surfaces or bumpy roads. The noise disappears if the window is opened. The strange thing is it does not always happen. Only some days it will start and other days it is fine. Please help as it is driving me crazy. The windows seem to be OK (NOT LOOSE )

Dubber

2. vrooooom Forum Member

Does it do it when it's very cold??? cos mine does, but once the cars warmed up inside mine sometimes stops rattling.

3. dubber New Member

It does tend to do it when the weather is cold outside particularly when frosty.

On the days when it is rattling it does not tend to stop when the car warms up inside

Bloody weird if you ask me

Dubber

4. vrooooom Forum Member

Does it stop if you press the top of the window against the door frame, if it does then it's probably same as mine and just all the materials contracting cos of the cold. gf's A3 does it too.

Other option if it does it if it's warm outside , is the window clips might be plastic and could be breaking, newer models have the metal ones fitted.

5. Sciroccotune Forum Member

You got a sunroof? My seal seems to freeze on the mk1/2 and sounds like what you have said?

maybe :lol:

:)