windows? vw alarm?

Discussion in 'Security' started by The Quadfather, Apr 30, 2006.

1. The Quadfather Forum Member

hi,
    Got a stock mk3 gti with closure alarm/key fob. fob opens car and sorts alarm out.

my car alarm does not close windows, that was a bit later i think. however, if i have windows open and lock car with key. windows and sunroof will close, then use key fob to lock/alarm. When i use fob to open, windows open about 2". there must be a link/connection somewhere? any thoughts?

confused[8-}]

2. Vento Jim Forum Member

sounds like your alarm should close the windows on arming.

there is a factory fitted alarm on my vento which operated the sunroof from the fob as well as with the key in the door lock.

when i installed electric windows the system automatically closes these as well! when i unlock/disarm within a short time after arming/locking it opens up the passenger front window and driver's side rear window as you describe (but about 5"). i don't know why either.

i dont know what to suggest tho, sorry! [:s]

3. The Quadfather Forum Member

cheers for response, it always gets locked/opend by the fob, so really not a big issue. just one of those, ( i wonder why? ) things.
    [:-B]

4. MR_TOAD_INSTALL Banned

They reason is you can open your windows with the key as well as closing them
    So the alarm pulse on locking wont have an effect if windows are closed

But will if closed and you disarm normally this only happens if you disarm very soon after arming
    There is a way to stop this happening in the alarm wiring but would have to be done by a fitter

Regards Ian

5. The Quadfather Forum Member

So will it take a lot to make original fob open/close windows ( making it a total closure alarm? )[:s]

6. plee1974 Forum Member

i`ve got a 93 mk3 gti and in mine it is a scorpion alarm (black fob with 2 buttons) and mine is a full closure system although my fob is fooked right now and i have to open it wiv the key however if i unlock it and keep the key in the unlock position my windows will go all the way down depending how long i keep the key in that position and vice versa and if i am locking it , it will and hold the key in the unlock position it will close everything including an open sunroof

7. The Quadfather Forum Member

Hi,
    Thats exactly what mine does with the key, but not with the fob?. my original fob had quantum written on it.:o

8. MR_TOAD_INSTALL Banned

Depending on outputs of alarm it should be able to interface a total closure unit
    Ian

9. The Quadfather Forum Member

what's the best place to get one of these units and where would it connect to?

cheers