Windscreen Chip Repair

Discussion in 'Insurance chat' started by DubSi, Jul 13, 2006.

1. DubSi Forum Member

Had Autoglass out today to repair a chip in my windscreen. Although it goes through my insurance and i don't have to pay anything, i thought i would ask how much it cost anyway. 72 :o . Now don't get me wrong they've done a top job, but i was expecting them to say it was about 35 ish. I think i'm in the wrong occupation.

2. mexicorich Forum Member

72??
    I hope it was a bonded in screen or you could have a new one for that!

3. keith_lemon

keith_lemon Forum Member

on the edge.... also north wales, close to rhyl
    my local private fitter charges 10-20 depending on size and difficulty (never had a repair personally but if i was id get it free from the old insurance)

he supplied and fitted for 70 on two of my previous cars a vecrta & old mk2 golf, i prefer to pay him 70 than pay the insurance 60 - just to keep local business afloat also when they live just around the corner you get a better quality fit and after service if something goes wrong.

he used to manage an autoglass depot and left to go private, he does a lot of work in the dealers around this area. he also says i can use him for insurance work if the insurer does not stipulate a fitter.