Wiring a Amp for mk4 Golf TDI

Discussion in 'ICE' started by cocobay63, Feb 7, 2008.

1. cocobay63 Forum Member

Hello there guys after a evening sat in Traffic in High Wycombe on the way to the gym my mate had his Vibe Subwoofer and amp fitted in his car and what a pleasure it was, ill cut to the chase i now want one for my car i thought i would have grown out of this stuff but music is music and i want to sort out a Vibe Sub and amp for my car seen as it was me that told him about Vibe in the first place, when i have the money i want to get a nice setup the speakers in there already are good but needs the bottom end how hard is it to wire the power to the battery and to run everything else, remote speaker cable in a mk4 is it easy or shall i pay some mug to do it for me ? :clap: , lol [:D] :lol:

2. M7R

M7R CGTI Regional Host

easy, the hardest thing would be lifting the carpets to hide the wires, but thats not too bad.

if you want them hooking upto a stock headunit check the ebay links, theres a gizmo to allow you to do that on ebay at the mo ;) finishes sunday.

3. Matt82

Matt82 Forum Addict

pay some mug, itll save there being a 4 page thread on here telling you how easy it is! lol

4. cocobay63 Forum Member

lol, yea ive done it before myself but that was on 200 - 300 pound cars :lol: the Headunit ive got it more then sufficient for it 50x4 Sony Faceoff, just trying to find the money really, the mate that got his done yesterday got a nice set up for 250 fitted thats in his Alfa 147 and sounds good,

5. Matt82

Matt82 Forum Addict

i cant beleive people would pay for fitting of a stereo. theyre the mugs lol

its definately easier hiding the wiring in the sills, lots of space in there.

the mk4 i was driving earlier this year was so quiet youd definately not need a sub to hear the stereo in a 20vt.... i can barely hear music in mine at all at motorway speeeeedz [:D]

6. cocobay63 Forum Member

well its nothing to do with that its mainly got a decent setup just needs the bottom end bass, really i think this takes more priority then getting it mapped atm, lol

7. Matt82

Matt82 Forum Addict

you gonna go for one of those vibe active boxes? theyre pretty straight forward to fit as its all in one and are pretty effective.

8. cocobay63 Forum Member

yea ive seen a VIBE SLR 12 inch sub, then want to look for a good Amp or and Amp and sub built in together,

9. Matt82

Matt82 Forum Addict

gonna depend on whether youre prepared to build a box too.

all depends on how good you want it

10. cocobay63 Forum Member

No no, and no again, lol Vibe do some sub's and amps built in and there obviously the separate ones too, im thinking atm about separate, the sub i want is 79 from some online places and amp probabley about 150 then wiring kit 30 then fitting which is where the problem is because i might get someone or someplace to do it,

11. Matt82

Matt82 Forum Addict

if you buy a sub separately youll need a box for it.... buying boxes is a bad idea as there is almost no chanceitll be the right size, hence you have to build one

12. cocobay63 Forum Member

yea sorry i know that, the sub i was looking at already is boxed 79, Vibe SLR 12 inch, you could probabley google it, it nice and small too, so will still have space in the car

13. Matt82

Matt82 Forum Addict

wicked, ought to work nice. definately going for a 12 and not a 10?

14. cocobay63 Forum Member

im not to worried atm the 12 might have a slightly deeper punch my mate has this setup already and its just what i need its not Chav loud but has a nice sound to it to drown out the sound that i have a diesal, lol i think this is top priority atm, considering selling an arm or something to get it, :lol:

15. Matt82

Matt82 Forum Addict

you got a link to its spec etc? (im not allowed on google at work lol)

12 ought to go pretty damn loud, my brother a vibe active 12 years ago in his clio.

.... hope you dont get the car audio bug!

16. cocobay63 Forum Member

nah all i want is a good sub and amp now, the standard speakers aint to bad, well i havent got any photos here... at work but only google or another search engine will show you,

17. Matt82

Matt82 Forum Addict

car audio stuff is well addictive, put whole chunks of my life into that years ago. loved it... now all i have is a nice headunit lol

i think the nicest sub setup i had was an oldschool round kicker solobaric (10 inch) on an mtx 500d (600rms ish, it loved it) but i couldnt help playing around. before that i had three of the kickers, a rockford landmine... then after was a pair of the kickers on the same mtx amp at 1100rms ish.

front end was xtant n stuff... then i just chucked it all in. youre faster without the audio gear ;)