Wiring Help...

Discussion in 'ICE' started by Dietrich, May 23, 2004.

1. Dietrich Forum Member

[​IMG]

I'm gonna' be sticking my Pioneer headunit in the Golf but I'm a little unsure as to what's what. It's a 5 door with Infinity 6x9s, and Infinity components in all the doors.

I'm assuming all the speakers are wired into the brown box? That leaves the brown lead, the black lead and the red / white lead (ignoring the blue remote lead). What's what?

Can I bypass them all by fitting a direct feed to the headunit? Dunno if it all needs earthing etc. My last install was a bit of a cowboy job (Sellotape's your friend) so ideally I want it doing properly this time.

Any advice?

Tom

2. ee00jcb Forum Member

test them with a meter. one will be constnat power, one will be ignition power, one will be earth and one (maaybe somwhere) will be illumination from your headlights.
    you are correct about the speaker cables
    Edited by: ee00jcb

3. Dietrich Forum Member

Got an ISO connector (think that's what it's called?), ripped it in half and just used the bit I didn't have. 4 wires later and there she blows...

Just a shame the sub box is ported so, at least on the settings I was running at low volumes with the music I was playing, the bass wasn't too good.

I didn't get to test it properly in a heavily populated area at 11pm though. Tomorrow I'll see...

Cheers again,

Tom