wiring loom

Discussion in 'Electrical' started by Farhan, Apr 26, 2006.

1. Farhan New Member

hi there guys....iv put in a mk3 gti engine into a mk2....the loom doesnt fit....

some1 has told me to place a late mk2 fuse box or a mk3 one, and it should fit straight if i use the wiring for the late mk2 gti....but then some1 has said i will have to change ALL the rear wiring including something to do with the fuel pump??? can some1 enlighten me on this please.......

thank you
    regards
    Farhan

2. Steve B Forum Junkie

cant help with the fuel pump, but basically after 1990 all golfs used an updated system which they carried on using in the mk3 golf for the eletrics, this means the mk2 and mk3 fusebox are almost identical as are some of the connectors.

it would probably be best to use a late mk2 loom, then you can use the late mk2 switches the late mk2 clocks the late mk2 indicator stalks and i would have thought most of the rest of the loom will just fit. althought i can garantee that with the fuel pump however rewiring should not be too dificult as all the wire colours are the same.

you will need late spec switches and late spec clocks and late spec indicator stalks from any mk2 golf that is 1990 or newer

hope that helps

3. mr purple Forum Member

If the mk3 engine is pre 95 it'll all plug into a late mk2 fuse box, the wiring is different in later mk3s and the ecu is coded to the key.