Wiring one sub! :S

Discussion in 'ICE' started by MattieG, Oct 11, 2004.

1. MattieG Forum Member

Hi!

Just a quickie, wiring my sub up at the weekend and not sure how to do it. There are two RCA outputs on the H/U to go to the sub but the sub only has one set of terminals. I have connected it to the left channel i think but when i do balance fully right on the H/U nothing comes out of the sub :(Im sure its an easy fix but i dont know! :(

2. mbh69 Forum Member

think your mistaken on that what amp you running ?
    and what headunit

3. MattieG Forum Member

Ok I have Alpine 9835 HU and Alpine MRFV 540 4 channel amp.

Running the fronts off channel 1 and 2.

There are two RCAs for the sub going into amp channel 3 annd 4 and then the 3 and 4 channel on the amp is bridged? Well if its a case of connecting the wires as it says in the manual i guess it knows i want it bridging?

4. mbh69 Forum Member

you connect it to the positive of one channel say 3 and the negative of the other channel 4 and it will be fine your headunit should have a non fading/ sub out use the rca's from that channel to channels 3 and 4 and it should be fine

5. MattieG Forum Member

WOO HOO! Yeah it seems to work well.

I was thinking of taking the 8" speakers out the bass box and mounting them on an mdf read shelf instead!

Good idea? :S

6. mbh69 Forum Member

nope as they won't be in a box the thing that gives subs there boom is the box design have a nosey on www.talkaudio.co.uk for info and ideas