Wiring Plugs with no home :(

Discussion in '1.8 & 1.8T' started by priceygti, Jun 24, 2012.

1. priceygti Forum Member

Well as the title suggests i have some stray plugs that don't fit anywhere obvious so i was wondering if people have them and connected and can point me in the right direction (photo's would help loads if you have them)

The engine is an AGU from a 1998 Audi A3 and is been fitted to a 1999 Bora (V5 originally)

Grey plug that is hanging near the starter motor
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

Black Plug near to the battery but comes roughly near to the MAF connecter
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

Black Plug 2 situated near the expansion tank, water bottle, carbon canister but does not connect to any of them they all have the plugs allocated for them
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

Black Plug 3 comes down from the main wiring from the scuttle but again it doesn't have an obvious place to live
    [​IMG]

And here's the one that i require wiring assistance with. When i removed the loom from the donor Audi i for some reason cut the wiring for the lambda sensor so i have had to cut the plug of my V5 but the wiring is different colours so a bit of help knowing where each goes would be a great help.

Original V5 Wiring
    [​IMG]

Pinout
    1 = blue/yellow
    2 = brown/red
    3 = brown
    4 = black

Orignal AGU Wiring
    [​IMG]

Pinout
    1 = blue/red
    2 = brown/black
    3 = brown
    4 = black

I have done some searching on ELSAWIN this evening and cross referenced both sets of wiring and put the pinout's above (V5 one's have the plug still attached which confirms what ELSA says) so i think i have cracked the lambda sensor issue.

Any help would be appreciated

Cheers
    Mark [8D]

Last edited: Jun 24, 2012
  2. priceygti Forum Member

3. rubjonny

rubjonny Administrator Staff Member Admin

1. aircon or alternator charging light plug, follow it back to the alternator and test for continuity

2. this is the main plug that joins the loom to the car loom. the other end of this is either in the plastic loom guttering on top of the passenger side chassis leg, or its tucked near the battery. the problem is you might find you cant plug it in, the AGU has early 10 pin plug, the car might have the later 14 pin version. if so you'll need to get a late AGU loom or splice the 14 pin plug onto it

3. not sure on this one, what wire colours? is it on the engine loom? possibly speedo sensor

4. lambda or maf? wire colours?

5. blue/yellow and purple/red join together, thats lambda heater power. red/brown and black/brown join thats lambda heater earth. black and brown twisted together are lambda signal, join those

4. priceygti Forum Member

Cheers John

1. the original donor car didn't have aircon (iirc) and the alternator plug is on the second batch of wiring as i couldn't find that at first. (will double check on the aircon though)

2. i have found this near to the battery location tucked on the chassis leg, it plugs in so i'm going to reroute the wiring to the scuttle to make it look neater

3. didn't have time to check the wire colours will check them saturday though

4. (black plug 3) plugs into a lambda i have knocking about so i presume this is for the pre-cat lambda

5. Thanks that confirms what i had wrote down after searching ETKA for ages.

cheers for the help John :)