Wiring Remote C/L to Hazard Lights

Discussion in 'Electrical' started by garfayliu, Nov 22, 2004.

1. garfayliu Forum Member

Hello, I've already fitted a remote central locking kit to my Golf mk3, but I don't have an alarm system, so upon opening/closing no beep beep or hazard blink.

Is there a manual way that I can connect the open/close signal from the C/L system to the hazards to blink, without taking apart the hazard light switch or indicator column?

I have spare relays to do any switching without putting strain on existing system, and I can't work out the Haynes diagram.
    Edited by: garfayliu

2. garfayliu Forum Member

I half answered my question after trawling through some of the old old security posts:
    Studs Post
    Can anyone elaborate on the black/green and black/white wires? Doesn't make sense with my Haynes with colours in german.
    Are the wire feeds used to switch the hazard light relay system or the actual lights?

3. essex_lad Forum Member

I've just installed an aftermarket system on my MK1.

Do you not have a wire coming out of the the central locking control module that is dedicated to flashing the indicators ?

On my system I just connected this wire via a 'Y' splitter to the back of the Hazard Light Switch. As far as I recall I just joined onto one of the Black/Green wires and one of the Black/White wires.

After pondering the Haynes wiring diagram for half an hour I decided this was the easiest place to connect up to, and hey presto it works.