Wiring Side (fender) indicators on MK2

Discussion in 'Electrical' started by Zenon98, Oct 26, 2023.

1. Zenon98 New Member

Hello, i bought a pair of side indicators for my golf mk2 but the problem is that there are no wiring loom in the fenders. Can someone tell me where exactly are the wires going from the fender? From my viewpoint the only possible hole is that one where the water goes when from the hood and windshield. What are those wiring connectors on the photo? On the white connector there is no any voltage, the black two pin connector is for the right side indicator but where the wiring loom goes from there to the fender? And can someone tell me that solo female spade connector what is it? [​IMG]

2. daNpy Forum Member

IF you have the wire colors (they are hard to see on the pic), you can check where the wires are for on a2resource.com.

I think I remember the wiring from the side indicators is just taken from the wires running to the front indicators, but I'm not sure.

3. rubjonny

rubjonny Administrator Staff Member Admin

there is a separate section of loom which plugs into 2 connectors behind the header tank with black/green, black/white and brown wires. it goes through a hole near the tank then across the scuttle and out of the water drain holes either side

4. Zenon98 New Member

Yes, the two pin connector works for the right fender indicator but what about the left fender indicator? Where is the wiring for the left indicator? And if you can tell me what is that 1 pin connector with two wires on that 1 female spade? Also there is a white 2 pin connector which is for what???

5. rubjonny

It's all one section of loom for both sides, those 2 plugs have all the wiring you need as you have 1 wire per side.for indicator and a shared earth :)

6. rubjonny

The other 2 pin with white/yellow and brown is for front fogs

7. Zenon98 New Member