Wiring tweeters into a mk2

Discussion in 'ICE' started by MKIIR1, Aug 8, 2006.

1. MKIIR1 Forum Member

Hey,

i just bought a pair of pioneer 120W tweeters off ebay. they look good but when i wire them in parrellel with the door speakers also 120W pioneer they dont make much sound. when i wire them in series they sound better but the original door speakers lose sound. do you know how i can overcome this?

thanks in advance.:)

2. kona786 Forum Member

why didnt you just get a pair of components with passive crossovers?

3. ^^StEvIe-G^^ Forum Member

1stly wat type of head unit do u have? does ur head unit have a hfo channel?

4. ^^StEvIe-G^^ Forum Member

if it doesnt you could connect ur tweeters on one channel and ur front doors on another and balance it out with your head unit as a quick fix

5. MKIIR1 Forum Member

i cant wire them in seperately because there is only two channels one to my rear speakers one to the door speakers.

the reason for not getting component speakers is that the door speakers and rear speakers were already in and i wanted to get something to fill the hole in the door card that was left after i took the window winders out.

does anyone know what a crossover does and would this help my situation?

6. ^^StEvIe-G^^ Forum Member

yeah but u have a fader for front left front right rear left rear right? its 4 channels?
    or just go buy the crossover then, a Xover is used for splitting higher and lower frequecies, so basically it'll make ur speakers do wat u want it 2 do.