Wiring up a stereo

Discussion in 'ICE' started by brookie353, May 28, 2011.

1. brookie353 New Member

Right.

Hello everyone :)

I have a 86 golf, so pre 90's spec.

It came with a headunit but trying to figure out how to fix it, I have discovered I have only 1 tweeter and 1 speaker on the rear parcel shelf. No wires connecting them to the stereo and no sign of the original loom. So I pull the headunit out to see whats occuring and I'm greeted with this. All 3 wires are screwed into some kind of electrical joint thing. I've seen one before but i have no idea what its called. (its not an ISO connector.)

[​IMG]

From what I gather, red is a 12v constant, brown is earth and the other one is something to do with illumination.

Also I need to put in a switched 12v and I understand that comes from the fusebox and is a brown/red wire?

This is where the fun begins, as i don't really know what I need to wire it into. An ISO? or a something else?

Then I would imagine I have to create my own loom for the speakers. Once again could I wire these up into a ISO connector and pop it in the back of the headunit?

So yeah, I'm rather confused. Any help would be appreciated.