Wiring!!!????

Discussion in '1.8 & 1.8T' started by vdub_Dave, Oct 14, 2010.

1. vdub_Dave New Member

Hey all, im doing a 20vt AUM dbw throttle conversion into a mk2 golf 1.8 driver Fire and Ice LHD. the engine, box, rad and new pedal assembly are fitted. FMIC is on the way ;-D. Its ready to go but the only problem im having is with the wiring side. I have the original 1.8t engine harness with loom. The ECU has had the immob taken off it. Can i use this and the original wiring(obv not all) from the driver to get it to run right?? If anyone has any guides, hints or tips i will be forever in there debt,lol.

Any help at all will be much appreciated.

Cheers, Dave.

2. 20v_jimmy Forum Member

If you look at the sticky threads at the top of this forum there is a guide i wrote when i did mine. This will be exactly the same for you if you are using an AUM engine and ecu. Any other questions please feel free to ask.

James

3. vdub_Dave New Member

Wiring

Thanks mate. I've got the 1 part of the wiring(with the injectors and coil packs) Can I use an AGU loom as the second loom because I've found 1 local to me on eBay??

Cheers.

4. 20v_jimmy Forum Member

Afraid not mate, the second part has the connections for the lamda sensors etc and is different. I believe it may be possible to use it with some fairly major mods and adding the correct wiring, but to be honest its probably not worth it. Think there is a thread on vortex in the 1.8t forum if you want to research this. Their similar engine codes will be awp and awd i think.

I remember how frustrating it was to find a full wiring loom as most people only consider the one half with the connections for injectors etc.

5. 20v_jimmy Forum Member

Just had a quick look on the tex and here is the thread i was talking about. After reading it again this is only for cars which still have the fly by wire throttle but just have the narrowband lambda sensor. In other words cars which still use motronic me7.x. The AGU uses an older motronic ecu and i believe the wiring will be so different as to make it impossible and or a waste of time modifying the loom.

I expect rubjonny will have a wiring diagram for the agu which would allow you to work out if this is the case. The wiring diagram link for the AUM/AUQ ecus is already posted in my wiring thread.

6. vdub_Dave New Member

Cheers dude. Ive managed to source an AUM loom(so i was told) but now after inspecting it and following your wiring guide, ive found that the 6 pin brown plug has only got 5 wires to it, missing pin 6 yellow/black wire to fuel pump is it? Does this mean its the wrong loom?

Dave

7. 20v_jimmy Forum Member

no no you are quite right i found that although the wiring diagram says that it has 6 wires, it does infact have just 5. if you read further on in the wiring guide i added a correct list of the pins i ended up using and how i routed them. Give me a shout if you get stuck with any of it because im aware i didn't take nearly enough pictures to make the guide in depth.