wobbling/loose seats (mk3 95(

Discussion in 'Styling, Trim and Bodywork' started by Matt82, May 2, 2006.

1. Matt82

Matt82 Forum Addict

hi there, ive got a high mileage mk3. one of the only signs of high mileage is the seats appearing to be loose.

i hoped to get under them today and tighten a few bolts but couldnt find any. the joints were not by bolts and i cant seem to be able to tighten down those joints

are there any hints/tips to do this?

it almost feels like the runners are loose, but i cant see where to tighten them up

2. funkbaron Forum Junkie

slide them out and replace the plastic runner jobbers, that click into the seat sliders, one on each side - you'll see what i mean when they're out!

3. Matt82

Matt82 Forum Addict

yay,,.. thats what i was hoping for, a common fault with a relatively simple fix.

cheers baron

4. darrynK

darrynK Forum Addict

and cheap :)

5. tlcGTI89 Forum Member

I had that same problem but the fix wasn't as easy to fix. I don't want to scare you just recommending you take alook for rust! I too like I said had loose seats. Checked for bolts and there where none then saw light coming threw underneath the side seat rails and went hmmmm. Took the seat out and pulled back the carpet and my metal floor board was nothing but rust and in most cases right threw. I hope this is not your problem but do yourself a favor and look. The water gets between the rubber sound damping layer after it ages it starts to crack leaving the water to get in and get trapped between it and the metal and then along comes the rust mites!!! Again hope this isn't your problem just suggesting you check.

6. Tim010 Forum Member

My front seat is a little loose too. How much are the plastic runners and is it obvious where they are? Do they just clip on?

Tim