Wolsey Ipswich -- VW main dealers

Discussion in 'Quality retailers & Supplies' started by SilverMK3, Aug 6, 2005.

1. SilverMK3 Forum Member

Excellent place. When i first bought my golf my dad sent it to them for a check over, which they did for free.

I just had it serviced and it tunred out cheaper than quoted. Excellentconsciencous mechanics (some of wolfsburg trained i believe),extremel polite staff and always willing to help.Theyalso seemresaonably priced for a main dealers.

Cant fault them on any account. :clap::clap:

will

2. Kingsley Forum Member

yeh they are good guys... il second that

3. PaulM Forum Member

Yup, i use them over my local VAG in my home town. :clap:

4. jamiehol Forum Member

I'd have to disagree there the parts department are absolutley useless.

Never phone to let you know when parts are in, and just genereally crap.

5. Sc0rian

Sc0rian Forum Member

i phone them once, nice staff :)

6. richellis Forum Member

my car is from there. the staff are top and v helpful.

7. Mark16v Forum Member

From my experience the parts department have been excellent, especially
    when they haven't had stock in etc. Rang round other dealers while I
    was waiting so I'd know if they could get hold of it or if I could
    drive to a nearby one etc.

Never realised there was so many people on here from round Ipswich way either!

8. vw.man Forum Member

I would second Mark16v, the parts department are very good (if you know who to speak to); they always give me a discount. First-name terms!

As for servicing I wouldn't touch them with a barge pole - had a 4-wheel suspension alignment check done when I changed the springs, got a strange vibration at 65mph the next day. Turned out the track rod end locking bolt had been left undone. The oil pump failed on my brother's Passat 1.8T at 60,000 miles, serviced at Wolsey since new. Independent garage's view - the oil had not been changed.

Just my tuppennies' worth.

Martyn

9. jamiehol Forum Member

Ok the must just be me then but I never get good service from Wolsey especially the parts department.

The service isn't much better mate took his 4motion for a 2 year service, when booking it in he asked if they did the haldex oil change they asked for his reg no and said it had been the year before due to some warranty work. Anyway he takes it in and at lunch gets a call saying that the service is ok but he should have his haldex oil changed, he turns round and tells them to check the computer and obviously the guy turns oh sorry you don't need it doing after all, thensays he should have the brake fluid changed he asks how much they say 50 he asks how much they service will cost with out the fluid change and they say 250 he declines the brake fluid as he can't stretch to it. Come 5 ish they phone to say they are dropping hiscar off and can he pay it is 180 somehow he asks why it is cheaper then he was told and they say they just got the price wrong if he had know it was only going to be 180 then he would have had the brake fluid done.

To be honest I wouldn't trust them with my car.