Women insurance companies?

Discussion in 'Insurance chat' started by octane, Oct 8, 2005.

1. octane Forum Junkie

Insurance companies for women, why don't they give free insurance? seeing as they're perfect drivers and never crash? :)

2. MrBen Forum Junkie

3. madmonkey Forum Addict

Downer on ladies BTSOI [8(]

4. Golden Forum Junkie

Woman only insurance is just a marketing con, it's no cheaper than normal insurance.

Womens car insurance is cheaper than mens full stop.

That's because they have fewer accidents.

Not because they are better drivers but because on average they spend much less time behind the wheel.

5. sarah16v Forum Member

Womendo have less crashes but thats only because they cause the crashes instead.

They go tootling along completely oblivious to the 4 car pile up they've just caused.

Of course i'm not including me in this ;), i'm talking about your typical 'women drivers'...oh and old people too, they're just as bad
    Edited by: sarah16v

6. Golden Forum Junkie

Some old people [:x]

7. mat-mk3

mat-mk3 Administrator Admin

A woman just pulled out in front of us. She was on her mobile and had a baby in the front and another in the back.
    We had to swerve on the other side of the road as it was wet and would have just skid into her! [:x]

Cue foul language! [:x]

8. *Dubby* Forum Member

Diamond are more expensive for me than other insurers [:s]

And they up the by about 50 every time you make a change to your policy ffs [:x]

9. AtlasMK1 Forum Member

Actually women supposedly have more accidents, but they are far less severe. This figure was verified in some pub talk I remember from a while back :lol:.

When men have a crash, we do it properly, this is mans logic and ultimately why we are as superior as we are. Although this again is Man logic :lol:.

Dave!

10. *Dubby* Forum Member

hmm, i have had a licence since 1997, and only had one accident that was my fault [:$]

11. TheSecondComing Forum Addict

And it was probably relatively minor? :)
    As Atlas said, when men crash we do it properly. We go on fire, all sorts of stuff, often lose limbs. A proper "Man-Crash" is an act to be admired, something of great beauty...... it's like fine art. I am an artiste.

12. stella

stella Forum Junkie

Yes, but your experiencs doesn't really count, becuase you're Irish, and we all know they never do anything by halves! I have relatives from just down the road from your good self, and they're all totally nuts, so I speak from experience..... although as far as I'm aware, they did stop short of running amok with machetes..... ;)

13. TheSecondComing Forum Addict

Ah, whereabouts are they from,Stella?
    And I did not run amok, it was a controlled act of violence..... :lol:

14. stella

stella Forum Junkie

Downpatrick. I was working around the year before last, and hoped to trace some history when I was in Belfast, but didn't have time. [:^(]

Ah, I see - a controlled act of violence, eh? Just the machete episode, would that be? Or were all the other acts fully under your control, too? I somehow got the distinct impression they might have been controlled by drugs and alcohol, but no doubt I'm wrong. Give a dog a bad name......:lol: :lol: :lol:

15. DAVE 2227 Forum Junkie

Every insurance co. always has the "Excludes Northern Ireland" printed on it.
    So there can`t be much of a choice is there ?? or are premiums higher over there ???

16. TheSecondComing Forum Addict

The payouts are much higher over here for injuries, which is why most companies won't cover NI. And yes, insurance is typically double what it is in GB. I am 29, and still pay the best part of a grand a year for TPFT.......

17. DAVE 2227 Forum Junkie

:o

18. Tuff Schmitt Forum Junkie

That's because he crashes his car near on every month, usually into people.

19. TheSecondComing Forum Addict

Hehe, well some of them might have been less controlled than that particular episode, and there are rumours that drugs and alcohol may have been involved. But it's OK, because Kate Moss is a cokehead.... :)
    Downpatrick? Did you get to see St. Patrick's grave? There's a place near there, very holy and never listed in the guide books. Where the monks used to go. It's really overgrown and hard to get to, but well worth the struggle just to see the engravings, and the simple, holy words carved out of the slate. It's a stream, where they used to wash and drink.
    I spat in a goat's eye there last time, because I thought it was looking at me funny.
    Turns out all goats have eyes like that....... sorry, goat.

20. stella

stella Forum Junkie

Didn't get as far as Downpatrick, 'cos we ran over time, but one day I'll be back. My relatives aren't saints, just plain old Newman's, I'm afraid! ;)

Went to some holy place near Dublin the time before. Awesome place it was.

Just choked on my drink, reading about the goat! :lol:(Almost as funny as trying to stop cats p1ssing on the BMW!)