WON Nitrous install.

Discussion in 'Turbocharged, Supercharged or Nitrous !' started by KeithMac, Jun 16, 2013.

1. KeithMac Forum Junkie

Hello, just going through the forum and noticed there wasn't much action in the Nitrous section?. This is my thread from the Wizzard of NOS forum if anyone is interested?, fell free to take it down being a non VAG car; just thought I'd share it here..

I`ve been toying with the idea of Nitrous Oxide for a while now and have been slowly building up parts and the motivation to fit them!. My car is plenty fast enough for the road but could always do with a little extra at the 1/4 mile.

Not many people post up about nitrous with the GTO/3000gt so I`ll keep the thread updated with the good and hopefully not the bad..

I`ve built my kit up with WON (wizzard Of Nos) products, the best in the world and having looked closely at their pulsoids they are very well made/ machined and designed.

Parts as it stands at the moment;

WON 12lb bottle with new style valve and SPRV
    WON quick release bottle bracket
    WON X10 150bhp Pulseoids and dual bracket
    WON Max Extreme controller (excellent piece of kit!)
    WON Crossfire Injector
    Goodridge "build a line" AN-3 delivery pipe (4 meters!)
    3x AN-3 to 3/8th UNF convertors for the lines
    Pressure guage
    Various connectors/ wiring.

Still need a bottle heater and jacket..

First job was mounting the pulsoids and injector. Decided to mount them both on the intake hard pipe for a few reasons, main ones being pulseoids beaing as close to the injector as possible and ease of removal (just pull the pipe and disconnect 2 lines..).

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

The Crossfire has M10x1.0 thread, I used a 3/8th BSP tapered tap to get it as tight as possible + threadlock.
    Luckily my hardpipe is thick enought to take a thread without needing any welding.

[​IMG]

A picture of the bay with the pulseiods fitted, if you can spot them..

[​IMG]

Next up mounting the bottle, I`m using 8mm rivenuts to bolt the bracket down when the tool arrives.

[​IMG]

I`m using a spare radio surround to mount the controller (easy to remove as won`t be in daily use).

[​IMG]

Next up is wiring (done half of it today) and testing, starting with 55hp jets and working up.

A few other pics of the engine bay, twin aircon fans to clear the TD04-16g`s.

[​IMG]

Sytec FPR with Zeitronix fuel pressure transducer (for logging).

[​IMG]

Engine bay needs some spit and polish, will treat it after I get an 11 second 1/4 ;).

[​IMG]

After some testing I realised the clutch wasn't holding the power properly so this being the 5th clutch I've fitted to the car I ended up with one of these, OS Giken R3C..

[​IMG]

Hopefully the last clutch I'll have to fit!.

Will be doing some testing on a 100hp shot, 2 second build time then back to the 1/4 mile for a few runs.

2. DEX

Dex Paid Member Paid Member

Rivnuts FTW :)

3. KeithMac Forum Junkie

Yeh I use them all over now, got from m4 to m10 in my kit; so handy to have!. Bolted the battey down with them as well when I moved that to the boot..

4. Collie Forum Junkie

thats a fancy multiplate clutch bet it cost a fortune, looks like a motorbike clutch a bit

5. KeithMac Forum Junkie

Bought the clutch with 2000 miles on it imported from US for 1000 (list price was 2500 for a new one!). It's not that grabby to be fair, rated to 1500ftlb so hopefully will never slip!.

5th time lucky hopefully!.