wondering which company would be best...?

Discussion in 'Insurance chat' started by dubdrivernick, Dec 19, 2011.

1. dubdrivernick Forum Member

Hi, have tried a few classic car insurance companies to insure my mark 2 8v and it seems that i meet most of the 'criteria' bar 1 or 2 things, so they wont insure me. A couple have said no because it wont be garaged and others have said no beacuse its ever so slightly modified, i cant get any cheaper than 600 and thats with 9 years no claims, any ideas? cheers guys..:thumbup:

Last edited: Dec 19, 2011
  2. jamesa Forum Junkie

3. lard44 Forum Member

I'm with HIC, although you'll hear mixed things about them.

I also hear Footman Jamss are good but not sure about their stance on modifications.

4. cometbluecoupe Forum Member

I dont think many of then will touch it on a classic policy if its been modified in anyway. If its just wheels and suspension consider puttting it back to stock? I have heard bad things about Adrian Flux but mine is 160 for the year limited to 3k miles. Im 31.

Cheers

Dan

5. dubdrivernick Forum Member

ok thanks for that. i am considering putting it back to standard, also it will be my daily driver, so wont be my second car, you reckon they will still insure me? cheers.:thumbup: