Wonky Toad alarm.

Discussion in 'Security' started by Claypole, Feb 16, 2007.

1. Claypole Forum Junkie

My new Corrado has a Toad Alarm either Ai606 or Ai606LCV.

The VR was cheap because of a problem with no fuel supply.

I've had a few projects, two other Corrado's and a Golf and they all had issues with alarms so I thought I'd have a fiddle after work tonight and see what's what.

I managed to get the doors locked and then unlocked but when you turn the key in the ignition there's nothing there then all the electrical bits start flashing. Pressed a few more buttons and tried the ignition a few times then the alarm decided it would go off. :lol:

So I'm stuck around the corner from the house with a screwdriver and spanner out the Polo's tool kit and nothing else. Managed to get the alarm unbolted and unplugged so put it in my pocket and drove round to the house with it going off in my pocket. [:$]

I think I've fixed it now:

[​IMG]

:lol: :lol:

2. garfayliu Forum Member

Very nice, no chance of arousing any suspicion then. I take it the alarm was still sound after unplugging the loom, which is the purpose of those 3 cell batteries. Ahh well... haha.

3. Claypole Forum Junkie

It was going off as I drove round to the house with it in my pocket. :lol:

People walked past while I was taking it off the car and attempting to smash it with the wheel brace. ;)

Alarms are a waste of time if you ask me, no one takes any notice anymore and most people would walk on by anyway for fear of being arrested by the police if they did tackle a thief. :thumbd:

4. garfayliu Forum Member

Too true, well as long as scum don't get past my dual engine immobiliser and don't torch the car then it'll be worthwhile.

5. MR_TOAD_INSTALL Banned

Sounds like bad fitment mate
    did you get past immobilisers

Ian

6. gti8v Forum Member

car`alarms nowadays are a waste of time, i've got a toad on mine and if it's cold out side it sometimes goes off, nobody pays any attention
    maybe doesn't like being left out in the cold, always reminds me of that advert where the golf is crying !!

7. ab0371 New Member

Just picked up a car today with a Ai606 fitted. I am unfamiliar with this alarm so asked the dealer to show me how to work the key fob and importantly start the car. The dealer struggled himself, but eventually got it going. He told me that you must be sat in the car with the door shut, then arm and then dissarm the alarm before putting the key into the ignition - does this sound right to anyone? Anyway took the car to show my old man, straight from the dealers and can't get the damn thing started again. Thankfully the car is sat on his driveway, but bang goes my planned Saturday cruisin' in the new motor.

8. gti8v Forum Member

if the ignition has been off for a minute or so the immobilser will arm,
    so if you put the key in ign, turn to position 1 (lights on dash on)
    then press the alarm button this should disarm the imob' then start the car
    or do what dealer said arm / disarm alarm this should give you another minute to start the car,
    the auto imobilise is summat to do with it being a cat 1 i think....
    mine is similar....

9. ab0371 New Member

Thanks for the advice. Unfortunately still can't get it started - looks like need an auto-electrician. Cheers anyway, Andy

10. minimartin In Delete Queue

Claypole & ab0371,
    MR Toad Install is your man - Ian is a top bloke and sorted out problems I was having with my ai606 in double quick time.
    www.mobilecaralarms.com for contact details or contact via the forum.