Woodstock

Discussion in 'General Chat' started by missvdubluv, Jun 13, 2004.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. missvdubluv Forum Member

Just like to say a big thankyou to Brian Burrows and his staff, who I think are all volunteers, for another successful VW Action. I personally had a fab weekend, am seriously getting converted to the air cooled scene :lol:
    The weather on saturday was a bit suspect but thankfully no rain, the music was fantastic :clap: and a great all round atmosphere, I think this type of show is more for chillin' and meeting friends then showing off cars, but saying that there were some great cars there :clap:
    Better say hi and thanx to all the people I campd with, Madmonkey, Whitewind, Slick, Rocco girl, DaisyFleur and her mate,Slick, Jeff and who could forget Sue ;)
    Also I met for the first time DarrenW and Rainking and their posse "Its a Dub thing", met some others but was slightly under the influence on Saturday nite so sorry to anyone I missed [:$]
    Im now off to have a proper shower, and rub some aftersun into my sunburn [:^(]

Roll on BVF [:D]

Oh and one thing thats going to stick in my mind, is the handcuffs and the streaker :lol:

2. slick Forum Junkie

wow there are 2 of me??

woods was a really good fun weekend, as has been said the weather wasn't great on saturday but the alcohol from 10am till 12am and the music on the field was enough to take my mind of just how cold it was.

There were some seriously nice dubs there, would've been nice to see a few more watercooled jobbies. (oh and sweet rocco Brian, did you win anything??)

I think the weather today made up for lack of sunshine yesterday, i even managed to burn the back of my hand it was that hot.

Great to meet everyone, and put faces to names.

As has been said come one BVF

[:D] [:D] [:D] [:D] :clap: :clap:

3. missvdubluv Forum Member

Sorry Slick, think im still suffering from lack of sleep and sunburn, and I think there can only be one of you :p

4. slick Forum Junkie

5. darrynK

darrynK Forum Addict

"by the time we got to woodstock they were half a million strong. we are stardust, we are golden..."

6. Admin Guest

i liekd the fact you could park where the hell you liked today! i was invited to go park with the "other" CGTI on the stand!

never did find it [:$] :lol:

7. missvdubluv Forum Member

lol...wasnt a stand as such, well I hope it wasnt, cos I havent washed the car in a month or so, and anyway you couldnt miss it, a few lopsided tents (well mine and Slicks) a great big burnt patch where madmonkey was burning coal in a disposable BBQ on sat nite, about a million empty beer bottles and a few burn marks from a wheel spinning Merc, mentioning no names....MADMONKEY :lol:

Oh and I just remebered, thanx to Daisy for clearing up on Friday nite and the also the chat we had.
    And nearly forgot thanx to Madmonkey for the loan of the tent and the beers :thumbup:

8. slick Forum Junkie

yeah a big thanky to brian for the lending of those few metal poles he had, otherwise the tent could have been a no go, looked half p***** when put up anyhow.

Yeah if you want to see the way to light a BBQ properly then just ask des to show you how, i'm sure he is more than willing to oblige.

(just stand well back)

:lol: :lol:

9. richgit Forum Junkie

i nogo.

10. slick Forum Junkie

shut up and snort b*tch

:lol: :lol: :lol:

11. Admin Guest

he laughed and said i couldn't miss it! did find it later on when i had a walk about!

12. richgit Forum Junkie

13. chrisbell New Member

streaker? saturday night?

might have been me... [:$] ;)

14. missvdubluv Forum Member

:lol: No it wasn't you, cos you're one of the scottish boys that came down with Pol arent you? Saw Pol on the Saturday afternoon, and he said there was some antics going on in your camp, didnt quite make it over there, for various reasons :lol:

No this poor guy, had his hands handcuffed behind his back, and his trousers pulled down to his ankles by his mates and was just left there, with nothing covering his modesty :lol:

15. chrisbell New Member

ooh. harsh ;)

yeah, we were with pol though a large proportion of the evening was spent distrubuting flumps and cola bottles at the bar. :lol:

16. missvdubluv Forum Member

Bloody cheek you could have brought some over to us [:x] , Pol knew where I was camped, will be having words with taht young man, cos I missed out on the flumps last year as well :lol:

17. chrisbell New Member

there probably wasn't enough left after i managed to fit 43 (or 45 depending on whose counting you rely on more) in my mouth at one time :p

no wonder i felt ill, nothing to do with beer at all....

18. missvdubluv Forum Member

Pics!!!!!!!

:lol:

19. chrisbell New Member

They should be up on 8-ball soon, when Pearsy gets out his kip. i think he got some.

8-ball

20. missvdubluv Forum Member

Cool, just been on there and left a msg :)

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.