WORLDS CHEAPEST 16v?

Discussion in 'Members Gallery' started by lowrider, Nov 28, 2004.

1. lowrider Forum Member

I just got this asa new project, a 1986 Black 3dr 16v, for the grand sum of 0 pounds 0 pence! [:D]

The block has a hole the size of a Coke can in the front! [:s]
    It belonged to a guy i work with, and it was at my house for me to fix it for him, but he's moving to Cyprus, so he just said i could have it. Its got G60 arches, Big bumpers(the front ones in the car, taken off for towing), and generally its in good nick. The big bumpers are coming off, as i want to put small ones on, and the engine work will start tomorrow, along with removing the rub strips on the doors (which are bringing paint off, so gonna get the bottom half of the car painted). Looking for a pair of late spec doors in black now, and some nice 15" wheels.

Anyone got any other suggestions for it? All input gratefully recieved! :)

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

I'll get some better pics and some engine in progress ones tomorrow in the daylight!

2. kirby Forum Junkie

get a lower panel, it will look funny with small bumpers and no front panel. :lol: looks pretty tidy mate.

3. lowrider Forum Member

In the middle of painting one now! The fat pie munching fecker that towed it here bent it all up [:x]

4. Dubya Forum Junkie

A big shame it is not a C reg! :lol:

5. lowrider Forum Member

Everyone says that!! :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

6. AndrewF Forum Addict

loose the under rear bumper splitter...but i guess you will be when you put on little bumpers (i have a front one by the way if you need it ;) )

you can get the rubbing strips off without hurting the paint if you're very careful...i just did on my mkII. heat them up with a heat gun (to thew point of almost melting) and take it slow. try and leave the glue on the car, then clean it off using autoglym intensive tar remover, then wax the whole side with zymol and it should be pretty good.

7. lowrider Forum Member

The paints already cracked and lifted around the edges of them before i even got near them [8(]

8. VeedubyaGTi

VeedubyaGTi Forum Member

Will look well when you`ve sorted it, has it got Bilsteins on?...it`s got the sticker. Nice and cheap too ;) That SDi looks a bit tired!

9. lowrider Forum Member

The SD1 is my dads, he was gonna restore it till he ealised how bad it was!!! :lol: Its not got Billies on, the lad just had a sticker fetish!! [xx(] But they'l come off easy enough! :lol:

Just sorted a late spec drivers door from someone on here, in black, just need a passenger one now, got a post in parts wanted for one. Engine out tomorrow then the fun begins!! [:s] :lol:

10. lowrider Forum Member

Here's some pics in daylight:-
    [​IMG]

The hole in the block, just behind the oil cooler :o [​IMG]

And the engine bay
    [​IMG]

Right, i'm off to my garage to take an engine out! [:D]

11. jjarvis Forum Junkie

Looks ok in the daylight! :thumbup:

12. lowrider Forum Member

Not bad for a freebie!!! :lol: ;) [:D]

13. Tarnbir Forum Member

Hey
    Not to bad for free,
    will look nice with small bumpers

taz

14. lowrider Forum Member

Got the front end off, and everything apart from the driveshafts disconnected ready for removing the engine. And got some good(ish) [:s] news!
    My mate used to have a mint 16v, Audi S3 interior, Spax adjustables etc., and sold it to a local lad. Another mate works for the local recovery people, and guess what he had to tow in last night? Yep! Totalled! [:^(] So the Spax kit(8months old!)is now mine! RESULT!! This is gonna work out to be a real cheap car!!
    [:D] And my mate that used to own the car had a vented wing for it that he never fitted, so i blagged that too!!
    Ordered some new small GTi bumpers, front spoiler, n/s wing, and four new early spec arch trims today. Getting all giddy! Going for mint, original look on the outside, just low with nice wheels, keeping all the original gti trim on the outside except door mouldings. Noticed today it has electric mirrors too, never noticed before! :)
    Will post up to date pics tomorrow with a big space where the engine should be! [:s]