Would mk3 front mount fit ABF mk2?

Discussion in 'Engines' started by Carl loader, Aug 24, 2006.

1. Carl loader Forum Member

Im looking for a stiffer front mount for my ABF mk2 golf. Just wondering if maybe a mk3 golf 16v ABF or VR6 front mount would fit? Im still using the mk2 8v front mount, and i think its starting to suffer. I just didn't really want to pay loads of money for something like a vibratech mount, plus i heard there not actually that brilliant

Any help is most appreciated

2. Lord0pants Forum Member

Carl mate-
    I don't think it will- I tried with mine and the mk2 crossmember doesn't seem to accommodate (mk3 mount does not have the recesses of a mk2 mount)....

If you PM HotGolf he makes solid front mounts at very competetive prices (or he did do)

Are you getting serious vibration out of the beast then?

Alex

3. rubjonny

rubjonny Administrator Staff Member Admin

No it wont, the front crossmember is different unfortunatly! However if you can get a MK3/Passat/SEAT crossmember on there...

4. Lord0pants Forum Member

If you fancy a new mk3 mount I have one you can take for sod all- brand new, genuine VAG... you'd just need a crossmember as johnny says!

5. Carl loader Forum Member

Cheers for the replies fellas. Im not really gettin any major vibration, its just that the engine doesn't feel that solid. I have made a slight mod to the rear engine mount by packing out two of the holes with rubber and is had made quite a difference, cheeper than buying a new rear engine mount anyway

6. rubjonny

rubjonny Administrator Staff Member Admin

sounds like you have a boggo 8v rear mount, ideally you should fit a 16v/G60 mount as they're much stronger!