Writing dvd’s

Discussion in 'Computers and Consoles' started by mikee66, May 23, 2004.

1. mikee66 Forum Member

Can anyone help me write some films onto a dvd? I'm usind tmpgenc but when i convert a 700Mb avi file it tuns out to be nearly 5Gb if i wanna put it on a dvd??? Also i wanna change a real player file to be able to write it onto a dvd too? I've seen dodgy dvd's with 3 full films on them and i wanna be able to do the same?

2. KeithMac Forum Junkie

tmpgenc DVD author is what you need, feed it the Mpeg2 file from Tmpegenc and it will create a VIDEO_TS folder full of vobs, ifo, and bup files (which the DVD player reads). You can write it from there using the program, I prefer Pinnacle instant DVD though.

Your DVD should be udf 1.02 and have at least a VIDEO_TS folder with the film inside.

As for putting 3 movies on a dvd, you can lower the quality of the encoding in Tmpgenc to get smaller files, but more than 2hrs on a DVD looks rubbish imho, I normally just write the film, using DVD Squeeze to compress it to 4.7 gb if it`s over.

3. Paradroid Forum Developer Paid Member

Mike, why not set the software to VCD instead of DVD. That would work [:D]

4. danthevan Forum Member

I found this on a forum when i was hunting for the same sort of thing, seemed quite useful !
    DVD Backup