wrong computer temperature mk3 gti

Discussion in 'Electrical' started by VITO, Dec 26, 2005.

1. VITO New Member

Hi there,

the temperature shown on my computer is around 20 C over the real outside temp. Anyone knows where is the sensor where the car gets the info from, if it is hard to replace andif possible what isvw part number?

Cheers and sorry for posting 2 in a row

2. Riley

Riley Forum Addict

what year/model gti is it?

think the sensor will be in the same place anyway,either next to the inner wing,or in the front bumper somewhere i think.

neil. :)

3. VITO New Member

Beautiful machines youve got there Neil congratulations for your pride and joy. It is a 96 model. I saw sensor in the front bumper under the frnt left signal light, looked like it and replaced it by one from scrappybut temperature shown was still wrong. You mention the wing, do you think I can do it myself without taking to many pieces apart?

Cheers

4. markmk3 Forum Member

the sensor is drivers side in uk set in the bumper plastic grill insert under indicators and fog lamp.

Before pulling out further wiring - try disconnecting battery for 30mins and reconnect, this resets the ECU and I believe default sets temp readers software. easiest thing to do and may solve problem.

Other than that... check the earthings and other connections

5. VITO New Member

Cheers mate, Will try with the battery first. I also need to replace thermostat and coil so will get my hands on it on the weekend.

Have a nice 2006 entry