WTF have i done to my car!?!?? DELETE - FALSE ALARM!

Discussion in 'Engines' started by DarkMK2, Oct 15, 2006.

1. DarkMK2 Forum Member

So i've finaly got round to getting a new idle screw, because the O-ring on the old one was a bit nakered. Pottered down to my car earlier thinking i'd be there for 5mins. Fitted the new idle screw... fine, then started the engine to roughly set the idle. To properly adjust the idle, i know you have to disconect the red ISV wire behind the coil, but heres where i think i went wrong.... i disconnected it with the engine running. [:s] The engine immediatly cut straight out!

At this point i wasn't worried, as i've read it can conk out when you pull the plug, so i tried winding out the idle screw before trying to start it again.... NOTHING!! Now im getting worried! So i then tried connecting the red wire back up before trying again.... STILL NOTHING!![:^(] ARGHHHHH!!

So i then pulled out no.1 spark plug, turned the engine over some more, and i think there is no spark![xx(] Couldn't tell for sure as it's a bit hard from in the car looking through the windscreen.

Think i have cause some sort of electrical fault by disconnecting the wire with it running... but what?!? [:s] SOMEBODY PLEASE HELP!!![:^(]

oh and its a 16v KR by the way

Last edited: Oct 15, 2006
  2. pigbladder Forum Addict

try winding the screw out a few turns and trying again

3. DarkMK2 Forum Member

What, with the red wire connected? Even with giving it some gas while turning it over there isn't a hint of it starting [:s]

4. DarkMK2 Forum Member

Sorry... i was a bit of a tit, everthing is fine!

Mod, admin, or who ever can delete this topic!

5. Bundles Forum Junkie

Oh c'mon man, tell us what you did, just so, erm, we know not to do it ourselves ;)

6. Alexander Forum Member

Yeah, I think it should be a rule that on "Doh!" threads, you have to post the solution!

7. DarkMK2 Forum Member

pulled apart red wire plug > yanked coil plug loose [:$]

DOHHHHHHHHH!

there.... HAPPY NOW?!!!!!!!!!
    :lol: