WTF is a Type 19 Mk2 golf...

Discussion in 'Mk2' started by Steve B, Apr 28, 2014.

1. jmsheahan CGTI Graphics Designer

Ben speaks the truth lol

2. MUSHY 16V

MUSHY 16V Moderator Staff Member Moderator

hears mine decked with the wrong rear panel and doors
    it end up sat on a lhd jetta type 19 of corse

[​IMG]

3. Steve B Forum Junkie

im glad its annoying you lot as much as it annoys me, how long until club Type 19

might start it then let no one join lol

4. Dan W

Dan W CGTI Regional Host

I'll do you a swap. I'm after a pair of late doors!

5. slimwadey Paid Member Paid Member

Sadly we need the new shape doors for the.boys white 1.3 mk2 which has rusty doors, if you get 2 doors let me know and I'll have the old ones

Sent from my C6903 using Tapatalk

6. mk1. Forum Junkie

7. rubjonny

rubjonny Administrator Staff Member Admin

the Typ-19 thing only applies to the basic shell, non of the carp thats bolted on. as above its shown on the VIN code but the easier way to tell is look at the handbrake lever. If its mk1 golf style its a 19 shell, if its the later design you have a 1G. Its possible to get big glass doors on a 19 shell, they came in before the shell was changed ;)

8. StuMc

StuMc Moderator and Regional Host - Manchester Moderator

Some scene dip-sh*t started it so he could be like the Mk1 "Series 1/Swallowtail" boys...

Means feck all, but any little scene-wannabe with an early Mk2 will instantly tag it as "Typ19", just because it has small bumpers or 1/4 window doors or LHD wipers.

There's many debates around the Internet where people are arguing over whether their car is a "genuine Typ19", because it hasn't got all the "Typ19" markers...the irony being that none of them realise that even cars with "19" in the VIN don't necessarily have all these markers anyway, or that parts could have been swapped over the years.

There was a good one raging over on the Mk2 Owner's Club Facebook page until I rocked up with a picture of the original, first-off-the-production-line Mk2 at the Automuseum in Wolfsburg, that had its official designation as "Golf II", as opposed the the "Typxx" that every preceding model had. Funnily enough their page doesn't show on my newsfeed anymore... lol