WUR Mod

Discussion in '16-valve' started by gazmk2, Mar 13, 2009.

1. gazmk2 Forum Member

I've read a few threads lately relating to a "WUR Mod" to get more fuel in (it seemed to be KR engine mod). I've tried a search but the closest thing I found to it was a fuel pressure set up precedure. could anybody tell me if modifying the WUR to get more fuel in and presumably richen the AFR up actually does any good? if so how is it done?

cheers

2. pigbladder Forum Addict

yeah it often gives a bit better power due the optimum fueling

theres a how to on here somewhere

3. pigbladder Forum Addict

4. Nige

Nige Paid Member Paid Member

Using the information on ClubGTi HERE I tested my Fuel control and system pressure.

Connected up the test gauge / valve
    [​IMG]

Started Engine, when settled, saw thew Control pressure which should be 48psi (3.3Bar). Mine was 58psi (4Bar). This is BAD, higher actually means LESS fuel, which is what I was seeing on my plugs compared to before.
    [​IMG]

I then closed the Valve to check the System pressure
    [​IMG]

This should be around 5 Bar, mine was almost 6 !
    [​IMG]

I made a short video to show how to do it (I`ll add this to my build thread later).
    [​IMG]

To adjust the Control pressure, I need to adjust to Warm Up Regulator, after letting the engine get to operating temperature, I adjusted the control pressure using a 4mm allen key.
    [​IMG]

Set pressure to 48psi
    [​IMG]

That info, in addition the the FAQ should tell you all you need to know. If you Don`t have the pressure gauge DO NOT try and adjust it, you need the gauge to ensure you are not over/under fuelling.

5. gazmk2 Forum Member

ahh so I did find the right thread then! cheers for that. it looks like it's worth doing to make sure it's correct. i'll not try it without a decent gauge though mind! thanks again

6. Gambit

Gambit Paid Member Paid Member

there is a fine line with it though as dropping the control pressure raises the system pressure 48psi had mine running too rich and had to up it till 50psi

48-52psi is the handbook setting so anywhere within that is what your looking, you wont get a happy medium until you have it on a rolling road