WUR mod

Discussion in 'Engines' started by coullstar, Nov 5, 2004.

1. coullstar Forum Member

I have read about this and understand that it lowers the system pressure etc etc therefore allowing more fuel through out the rev range but I have lost my haynes manual so I dont know exactly where the WUR is.

Could someone tell me or show me please with a pic?

I have also been told that shimming the metering head helps richen the mixture a little more as well. Where do these shims fit and what size do you need? Is it not just essentially the effect as the WUR mod?

2. GTI

GTI Forum Member

you've not got it quite right, but i can't be arsed to explain it right now. these threads always end up at the same place, that is:

you need a rolling road to get it set up properly, so don't bother unless you either a) get you car down to stealth or b) have a friendly RR nearby that is willing to do the mod with you.

there is plenty more info if you search for it, but beware of long convoluted arguments made by various people at various stages of understanding.