WUR mystery!

Discussion in 'Engines' started by gti_kev, Sep 13, 2005.

1. gti_kev Forum Member

No worries :) it was worth a cheeky shot :)

I'll see if anyone has one on our local cgti meet on Monday, otherwise i'll get one :)

Thanks Stu!

2. gti_kev Forum Member

Just a thought!

If my injectors are knackered, would this kinda give a reason why when the wur is connected on warm up it raises the fuel pressure making the mixture richer, if the injectors are knackered, would the rich warm up cause the effect like it's running on 3 cylinders?

3. Golden Forum Junkie

Anything that reduces the ammount of fuel getting to the cylinders will be effected by the WUR doing its job.

4. gti_kev Forum Member

I see, i guess a fuel pressure test is the only way of knowing what's going on then?

I thought that the wur would still do it's job (without the electrical connection heater)as it will get warm with the engine, but this does not seem to effect the running? only when the electrical connection is on?

Does it like heat up instantly or something with the electrical connector?

5. Golden Forum Junkie

The WUR sometimes works from engine heat but the comparitive cool mounting on the 16V means the leccy heater is more important.

6. gti_kev Forum Member

I see! well i tested the terminals and got 23 omhz, which is spot on according to the bently manual! I have not yet check the power going to it, but it must be power going there otherwise there would be no difference!

Just thinking out loud here, but if i set the mixture when the engine was at full temp, but the electrical connection was unplugged on the wur, could the negine just be set to work at the warm up pressure?

or when the heater is plugged in, instead of the metalic stripe inside slowly working, it's just jumping straight to warm up temp position, causing the poor performacne on warm up?