WUR query

Discussion in 'Engines' started by Gaz37, Dec 26, 2006.

1. Gaz37 The Grouch. Paid Member

If I'm being thick by asking this I apologise, just pretend that I know nothing about the workings of the k-jet system.
    I've just read the FAQ thread about setting up fuel system pressure & adjusting the WUR pressure, what I don't understand is what effect does the WUR have on the engine once it is warmed up & how does the mod/adjustment work?
    I thought that as long as your idle mixture was correctly set then your mixture would be proportionate to that throughout the rev range & therefore also correct, is this wrong?

Thanks.

2. Tristan

Tristan Paid Member Paid Member

AFAIK , adjusting the WUR , will in effect richen the mixture for the entire rev range , allowing better breathing engines to develope more torque/bhp.

3. Gaz37 The Grouch. Paid Member

Thanks for that.
    So would it be pointless on an otherwise standard engine?

4. pigbladder Forum Addict

no its not pointless on a standard engine...think of it more as optimizing the off idle mixture rather than a mod as such, your just making it what it should be in a ideal world rather than running too weak or rich

the idle is mixture is just for idle..