wynns injector cleaner........

Discussion in 'Engines' started by mickster, May 11, 2006.

1. mickster New Member

Evening,

I was just wandering if anyone had experienced any adverse effects having used this product, particularly on a '91 8v (pb) engine?

any feedback much appreciated.

2. bigben Forum Member

I have seen articles about engine oil viscosity being badly affected by running injector cleaner through your system. So might be best to do it before an oil change.can't comment specfically about wynns though.

3. barny Forum Member

used to use wynns injector power 3 very often, never had any issues with it

4. Paulc Forum Member

just put some redex in my mk2 16v and the oil temps seem to be a little on the high side?

dunno if this is a co-incidence, its sunny atm afterall

5. thebadun New Member

I've run redex in the past, my oil temps seem to always hang around the 94-102 region, which has always been the case on my car. That was before haveing it serviced, though, and the oil was not great. After service it is running Optimax and Nos Octane booster (which also does some cleaning apparently) and is running very well. Oil temps seem pretty stable and a touch lower than before.

I'll keep an eye on the oil now, but overall running after the two products the engine has been running much better. Guessing that wynns is not going to be massively different to these. Mines a '91 8v PB as well.

6. gti_kev Forum Member

wynns injector cleaner - great stuff :)

I have never sparyed it into the manifold, but i use it to blow the crap on what ever job i am doing, really does shift some muck!

7. mickster New Member

thanks chaps.:thumbup:

8. Matt82

Matt82 Forum Addict

stick with millers. ive known someone independant test a lot of their products at various labs, millers dont seem to BS unlike other brands