XBOX 360

Discussion in 'Computers and Consoles' started by GazB, Jan 16, 2006.

1. GazB Forum Member

Any body know where there are any available at a reasonable price, in stock

2. altern8 Forum Junkie

check argos

3. alby Forum Junkie

try ringing 'game' every morning.

i rang on the off chance the week before last and they were getting 6 premium packs in at midday. i reserved one. got there at 12.15 and they were all sold bar the one i reserved.

its poo hot btw. games a bit pricey but pgr is amazing and condemned is brilliant too :)

279.99 for a premium pack.some places will only sell them as expensive bundles [:x] .i also saw one for sale in a game trading shop in weymouth last weekend

this came in handy when i was looking
    Edited by: alby

4. scottgroovez Forum Member

If you find one in GAME and it's part of a package, you can say you just want the 360. If they refuse to sell you it, say you've spoken to Customer Services and they said that you are able to buy it alone.

Was in Tesco's earlier and all 360 games (bar PGR3 and Kameo, which funnily enough being MS releases were 5 cheaper than the others) were 40. Down from the 50 they were last week.

Try getting a VGA cable [:x] [:x] [:x]

5. TIM

Tim Forum Addict

are they any good, or should i just wait for the ps3?[:s]

6. superden Forum Addict

PS3 for me, I`ve had a go on a 360 and I wasnt really impressed.

7. alby Forum Junkie

whats the ps3 like then?

8. superden Forum Addict

I`ve no idea, but I`ll make an assessment when I play on one. I`ve tried a 360 and was less than impressed. Hence me stating I`m waiting for the PS3. I know exactly what corner youre trying to paint me into alby, and it wont work.

;)
    Edited by: superden

9. alby Forum Junkie

whatever. ask a simple question [|)]

10. superden Forum Addict

What on earth is your problem ? You asked a question, I gave a perfectly polite and ever so slightly tongue-in-cheek answer. You asked a simple question, got a simple answer and then went off in a huff.

:lol:
    Edited by: superden

11. alby Forum Junkie

no huff

i haven't a clue what the ps3 is about.you said its 'ps3 for me'. i just wanted to know why.

12. superden Forum Addict

My `PS3 for me` comment was a response to Tim`s question asking whether he should wait for the PS3 or not. I am, primarily because I`ve played on an XBOX360 and was less than impressed. Possibly because I`m a PC gamer, and even a modest PC makes a console look crap. Admittedly I may play on a PS3 and be unimpressed as well, but I wont know until its released.

[:D]

13. scottgroovez Forum Member

XBox 360 is great if you intend playing it on Live. Apparantly Sony won't be offering a similar service instead letting developers/publishers utilise their own servers.

Who knows when the PS3 is out. Won't be until 2007 I reckon...

14. superden Forum Addict

My PC is for online/multiplayer gaming. NO console can beat it.

I buy consoles for 1-4 player gaming in my own home and nothing more.

15. Valleys boy Forum Member

I had a bash on the 360 the other day and it's sh*t IMO! Yeah, the graphics are better than what we've seen before, but it's hardly next-gen. The PS3 demos I've seen though - they're in a whole different league!

So my advice - wait for the PS3!!!

16. scottgroovez Forum Member

Did you play it in a shop? Doesn't really represent a quality play test if that's the case.

17. Valleys boy Forum Member

No - my mate bought one for his son - I tried PGR3!

18. b'locks Forum Addict

I think this is the same as me tbh. I play next gen games on my pc with all the graphs cranked up, and even though it's not a top spec machine, it's still as good as (if not better!)what I've seen on the XBOX360. You could build my rig as a bare bones machine for about 200 now I reckon too...obviously you'd have no monitor and stuff but it does make you think..

I had another butchers whilst in Virgin today and 2 blokes were playing Call of Duty 2. It didn't look anything special at all, in fact I thought the graphics looked a bit sh** really. And there appeared to be no or very little anti aliasing going on.

I'm playing Splinter Cell Chaos Theory on my PC at the moment and THAT is seriously good looking with all bells and whistles...

19. Darth Valver New Member

No they are cr@p. PS3 will be cr@p as well. Apart from the Atari 2600 the only other decent console was the Dreamcast. And that's only because it looked like a stormtrooper's lunch-box...

Darth V

20. sinisterdexter Forum Member

IMHO that's *ollocks. A friend recently bought BattleField 2, which is a "next-gen game". To get it to run smoothly and glitch-free it was necessary to upgrade his RAM to 2GB (as suggested on several PC-gamer forums) and get a new VGA card (6800GT I seem to remember). At today's prices (looking at Scan's pricelist) this lot comes to around 350. Add a motherboard, CPU, HD, DVD, case and (should you decide to go kosher) a licensed copy of Windows, you end up looking at a system which is potentially a console-killer but it comes at a price far beyond that of the console.

To just say that PCs are better than consoles is pointless as both have their strengths and appeal to different markets. PCs are more powerful and versatile, commensurate with price, but consoles are more convenient and are dedicated to high-performance of a limited number of tasks.

PC with 19" monitor or console with 32" TV?

Gran Turismo or Project Gotham?

Caterham 7 or Subaru Impreza?

All horses for very different courses...

Dex :)