Yawn..mk3 clocks&stalks in mk2!

Discussion in 'Electrical' started by Vento Mike, Jan 19, 2006.

1. Vento Mike Forum Junkie

Fitting mk3 16v clocks in the ole jetta...i notice that the mk3 clocks have seperate wiring for the indicator indications so that seems straight forward..also whats teh deal with getting the mfa up and running...?

What needs to be done for the hazards etc i'm sure i've read posts on here about this conversion before [:s]

2. thebluebus Forum Junkie

havent read them, but might be worth a quick sqiz mike

3. rubjonny

rubjonny Administrator Staff Member Admin

Well for a start what year is the jetta you're trying to fit the kit to, if its a late one the stalks plug straight in, and the dash will too if you also get the dash->fusebox loom.

If its an early one you'll need to do some faffing, but check the fusebox FAQ sticky at the top of the electrical section it should help you locate some of the wires you need.

4. Steve B Forum Junkie

vento mike i think looking at your mk1 you have a much higher chance of suceeding at this than me

so if you manage to wire the clocks up and get the mfa working correctly could you please pm me what you did

i have the mfa buttons working properly but i cant get mpg display or temp displays to read correctly

the stalks just wire up colour to colour very simple

i coldnt get the hazard light to work either

also my oil pressure alarm and light and water level indicator dont work

so i could really use this information if ou could please let me know if you get them to work

cheers :)

5. Vento Mike Forum Junkie

ha ha your probably right :lol:

It's a late jetta so should not be to difficult....i think its more the stalks that i'll struggle with.

Its running a abf engine on standard vw managment so SHOULD all work!

6. Steve B Forum Junkie

oh if you have a late jetta with late eletrics its pretty much all plug and play no sure about the mfa, and the clocks need a few wires changing but other than that fairly easy. you shouldnt have much of a problem at all really

7. rubjonny

rubjonny Administrator Staff Member Admin

If its a late one, the the MK3 stalks plug straight in and work. All you need to do is swap over the MK2 hazard button and the bit of trim screwed to the front of the stalks. You'll see what I mean when you get the MK3 stalks :)
    If its not a GTI model you'll want the mfa -> fusebox loom from the donor car, as well as the MK3 dash -> fusebox loom.
    Edited by: rubjonny

8. Vento Mike Forum Junkie

Thanks people i'll have a stab at it this week :)