yeah man mi golfs back !!!!!

Discussion in 'Volkswagen Chat' started by dubDREAD, Feb 26, 2007.

1. dubDREAD

dubDREAD Forum Member

oh yes gearbox fitted new clutch essembly new mounts weighted shift rod etc.etc. popped it all in , started her up GEARCHANGE IS HEAVENLY like brand new MMMMMM:lol: LOVE IT !!!:clap:

2. Jonny777 Forum Member

Sounds nice! How much did it set you back? Mine might need it soon [:[]
    Jonny.

3. The db

The db Forum Junkie

Must find me a weighted shift rod. My gear change is ace already, so interested to see the improvement one of those babies will make.

4. Daz... Forum Member

They're about 11 new from VW...

5. The db

The db Forum Junkie

My stealership parts desk are utterly useless and claim such a device doenst exsist...

I've just sent my CV in as the parts desk are advertising but no motor trade experience so probably wont get, which is a shame as nobody knows anything about anything earlier than a mk4.

6. HAMI Forum Member

they're probably looking at the wrong part of etka, it's a mk3 part. but your right, stealers are w**k at times.

7. dubDREAD

dubDREAD Forum Member

wasnt cheap the rebuild was 550 notes it was a little more than expected coz of drilling out the rivets and fitting the bolt kit then i had labour and parts to replace while i was there
    now the car a bought for 2000 2 months ago owes me 3300 , but i have a better than new gearbox and a all my electrics work perfectly , still think i am quids in :lol:

db just wip a weighted shift off a scrapper it is worth it, i have the metal link rods as well think that helps too

the guy who owed mine before me must of spend a fortune on parts "but obviously not on the gearbox and electrics!" (as my wife keeps saying[:x] )

8. Jolfa

Jolfa Forum Junkie

robbed, got a recon box, new clutch and lightened flywheel to go on my car, total cost 126 [8D]

the joys of having owned 8golfs [:[]