Yellow top injectors

Discussion in 'Turbocharged, Supercharged or Nitrous !' started by G9 DUB, Feb 16, 2005.

1. G9 DUB CGTI Regional Host

Just wanted to know if it would be ok to fit Yellow top injectors from a cossie to my G60, I know the norm is to fit red tops but I have a set of yellows to hand. Also would I need to fit a fuel pressure regulator if so what rating would I need to go for..

[​IMG]

2. KeithMac Forum Junkie

You need to fit resistors or you`ll blow the ECU I think? VW use high impedence (16 ohm) and ford use low impedence (4 ohm?)

You may have to drop the Fuel rail pressure if the injectors are too big?

3. Gfartywuss New Member

Cossie injectors are low impedence (4ohms) where as the bosch units needed for a G60 engine use high impedence (16ohms). It is bad news fitting cossie units to a G60 as the ECU will rapidly get the hump.
    Ignore colour coding, they are just a reference for a manufaturer for a easy 'at a glance' indication to what the flow rate of a injector is.
    One company's red injector may be a 150cc low impedence where as anothers a 300cc high impedence.
    The duty cycle of the injectors needs to be altered as well to keep fueling correct. Duty cycle is how may times the injector pulses to deliver a certain amount of fuel.
    The Duty cycle is controled by the chip in the ECU, so swapping injectors will need a different chip to correct fueling.

4. G9 DUB CGTI Regional Host

At the moment it has a jabba chip but I was looking towards the new SNS anti-lag chip has anyone tried one of these yet??????????
    As for the injectors I will stick with the bosch red tops

[​IMG]

5. goodridge Forum Member

I have an SNS chip in my Ed1 G60. Can't rate it highly enough. I'm not
    running red tops though as Ed1's have greys which are basically the
    same, or so I am told.

6. MillSpeed Forum Member

I'm sure my '90 GTI had grey tops so I assume they're a lower flow rate than the greens.

7. martyn_16v Forum Junkie

The only thing the colour tells you about the injector, is the colour of the injector. There are hundreds of different spec injectors out there, and only so many colours. So the greys on your old GTI are probably totally different from the greys on the ed1, which are totally different to the greys I have laying about from a 20vt.