Yet another bad review for GSF

Discussion in 'Quality retailers & Supplies' started by daveybwoy, Jan 20, 2004.

1. daveybwoy Forum Member

Once again GSF Feltham have come up trumps and won my award for consistantly poor service. It seems every other time I go there they try giving me the wrong part.

Ordered a starter motor and even after giving the year and chassis number I got a Mk3 starter. Thank god you don't supply parts to the airline industry as planes would be falling out the sky.

marks out of 10...........2

Be warned people and be prepare to make two trips for one part.

2. zak. Forum Member

Dave when you go there make sure you go to Anil, the tall asian bloke with glasses and you will never get a wrong part again.

3. jprocter Forum Member

Bradford 1 i use is always good, really helpful

4. S1MMA Forum Member

i use the thurrock one, been good to me so far.

5. HEARDY Forum Member

Sheffield is good depending on who you get. DAN is usually the best :)

6. mr.brown

mr.brown Paid Member Paid Member

I've had the odd problem at GSF too - poorly machined parts, wrong pads etc. In their defence I must say that I've spent over 2 grand at GSF since July and I've only been given the wrong part once - and that was because I've got a late Mk3 which has Mk4 brakes!

7. daveybwoy Forum Member

I've had some bad machined parts from there before.

Zak - Anil tried giving me audi A3 brake discs once. unfortunately its seems to a disease that spreads among them

8. AxlFoley Forum Junkie

Cardiff, branch spot on, top marks, dont even have to show my discount card any more :)
    Edited by: AxlFoley

9. Admin Guest

mail order myself never had a problem.

10. mk3 16v Forum Member

I ude the GSF in Glasgow. The guys that run it really know there stuff and i have never had any problems. I think GSF is a franchise, the Glasgow one used to be URO

11. hi tower Forum Member

I use gsf in swinton and trafford park and theyve given me the wrong parts a few times. took a set of brake pads back today cos they gave me the thick carb type for my gti. Its a 60 mile round trip to trafford so its a real pain. I always try to go online now and go in armed with their part numbers, they seem to like that too.

12. G6DUB Forum Member

Are you sure your not going to the Portsmouth branch!!!
    They are exactly the same, if Steve is working then great but the rest just forget it!

13. RoyF18 Forum Member

Where is it? There's a Euro Car Parts near me but I haven't found GSF yet...

14. Andy947 Forum Addict

Its down in Kinning Park, Near Hotshots at the Quay - You can get the tube, its only a 2 min walk from the kinning park station.

15. nicematt New Member

i use gsf in leeds, All the lads are great, no probelms,
    good stuff. ;)

16. sundodger Forum Member

RoyF18 wrote:
    mk3 16v wrote:
    I ude the GSF in Glasgow. The guys that run it really know there stuff and i have never had any problems. I think GSF is a franchise, the Glasgow one used to be URO

Where is it? There's a Euro Car Parts near me but I haven't found GSF yet...

Its near Q Fm Radio station. Just off the M8 in Kinning Park as Andy says, after exiting M8 east bound take first right.Then follow the road round a few bends.

I've had problems here as well, including a duff battery and the wrong dizzy cap,bloke behind the counter was adamant that I was wrong and was quite rude till I pointed out that Mk2 16v's don't have 5 cylinders! Still it made him look an ar5e in front of a shop full of peple(Fortunately went to fit cap b4 leaving)
    Been back since though...

17. davegti Forum Member

Jonboy,
    where do you get your mail order bits from.
    I just tried to get some small bits sent to me by
    Lyndvale VW in Chelmsford (which they've always done in the past) but they claim to have some new policy of not accepting credit cards over the phone, so for the sake of about 10 worth of bits I have to spend an hour going down there. Too much hassle.
    Long live mail order.

18. Tom_xrt_gsf New Member

hey...we're not that bad,tried using ECP?

19. sundodger Forum Member

ESP more like ;).

On the subject of GSF I've just bought a new self adjusting clutch cable for the Mk2 16v, and guess what it didnt fit!! [:x], about an inch too short!!
    Wouldnt mind too much but I said in theshop it didnt look the same - there was a gommet on the pedal end and the grommet in the middle was bigger too. Should fit said GSF man. I foolishly didnt take the old one with me.... own fault really I suppose. Now another trip required to take it back..

May be I will try Euro Car Parts cannt be any worse ;) ;)

20. Tom_xrt_gsf New Member

Dave,
    It has come to our attention that we have failed to meet your satisfaction on providing the necessary part to fit you vehicle.We acknowledge our error and apologize.If you decide to re-visit our company ask to speak to Anil,he will make your enquiry/sale as straight as possible,and also provide some incentive.

Tom
    Edited by: Tom_xrt_gsf