Yet another thing to check on your 2E2 (carb)

Discussion in 'Engines' started by EZ_Pete, Feb 22, 2007.

1. EZ_Pete

EZ_Pete Forum Junkie

I've seen a couple of references in other 2E2 carb threads about a 'blanked off' vacuum pipe, but never, until now, found the one in question.

Just been working on the next stage of my Pierburg project, accelerator pump refurb.
    Have my spare/spares carb upside down on the kitchen table (something you tend to avoid with your 'real' carb 'cos the float chamber tends to release its contents).

Having established that the 'celerator pump refurb looks quite easy, I started to take off the throttle body heater next to it, when I spotted a very cracked rubber bung covering a pipe stub just to the right of this. With the carb upright, especially in the car, this would be nigh-on impossible to see, as it's hidden under the waxstat and throttle cable support bracket.

I would think it's well worth a check on this, to see whether it's still there at all, and if so whether it could do with being replaced; especially if you suspect you may have a vac. leak, and you've tried everything else.

Pete

Edit: Had a look at my 'blanking plug' with the aid of a small mirror and maglite just now. Good news, it looks fine! This may have been another manifestation of my hypocardria.

Last edited: Feb 23, 2007