Yetta anotha Jetta

Discussion in 'Members Gallery' started by stephcasscar, Aug 14, 2013.

1. stephcasscar Paid Member Paid Member

I pulled this little beasty out today, thought I would share it as its quite a little Jem (if you like jetta's)

The car has spent most of its life as a 1.6 CL however it has kept itself out of trouble and stayed ding free for 17 years before I got hold of it.

My plan when i originally got it was to put a 1.9TDI engine in it and use it for commuting, then I woke up and bought an A4 Avant sport , so it has spent all of my ownership living in a garage surrounded by disassembled VW and SEAT's, might have to put it into rehab before it ever goes on the road again.

Anyway, I bought this car for the shell, nothing else, so everything drivetrain, Engine and consumable has been replaced.

Engine has been replaced with ABF on KJet, I saved the ABF from a french golf, the cars owner came across to the uk for a tour around scotland, unfortunately the car was an automatic and the gearbox killed itself. the car was subsequently left and I got the best bits. I have an abundance of spares so i decided to strip and rebuild the engine anyway. This was probably not required as the engine was sub 90k but i though feck it.
    [​IMG]

[​IMG]

Standard suspension has been replaced with Koni Yellows with Spax Lowering Springs, I removed front and rear subframes, stripper them and repainted them. All suspension bushes have been replaced with Poly and the wishbones are OEM replacements.
    [​IMG]
    While the engine was out and the chassis was on stands, the whole engine bay and floorpan was stripped repainted and undersealed. Other than a couple of bits of surface the whole car is very sound.

2. Ben S

Ben S Forum Junkie

Thanks for sharing this, I look forward to reading / seeing more.

It looks like a nice tidy Jetta & you can't go wrong with the versatile ABF motor!

3. sparrow Paid Member Paid Member

Welcome back, Major!! :thumbup:
    Good to see you're still doing Jetta projects.