Yoko A032R lifespan?

Discussion in 'Chassis' started by robinoz, Sep 30, 2005.

1. robinoz Forum Member

Ican get these at a good price as a mate is in the trade. He reckons 5K miles is possible. Have to say I was suprised. I know the evo's come out with the A048's but you can't buy those in Australia atm.

A032R's. What should I expect wear wise on the road with 2 trackdays..?

2. GVK

GVK Paid Member Paid Member

As a guide on my mk2 on A048s..

I bought a new set in Feb/March , fitted them and used them on the road for a week to take the shine off 'em, 200-300 miles maybe more..

Did a full track day at Cadwell open pit lane.
    Hooned around Bruntingthorpe airfield for the Golf+ 16v thrash, drove another 300-400 miles on road that weekend and a few sessions of Castle Combe, some wet some dry.

Did 2hrs open pitlane at Cadwell one evening, drove there and back on them (100miles + track time)

Did a morning's worth of sessions at Snetterton 2 weeks ago, tyres are all down below 2mm, bordering on not being road legal (100 miles + track time)

Plus,they follow every white line,camber and contour on the road,It's nice being able to drive on the road with them, and they grip ok on a wet road until you hit standing water, but for what they cost here (100 a tyre), my next set will be deffo track only.

Only really 'wasting' them with road use.

3. jimmy8v Forum Member

GVK, Who do you buy them from, polley? Do you want to sort a group buy at some point? I'm sure lots of people on here would appreciate cheap yokos.

4. GVK

I bought mine from Demon Theives.

I have had a quote from on of our trade tyre suplliers and they are only a few quid cheaper than DT, only thing they can offer is free carriage if I buy 4 tyres. Generous eh?

Can't see there being many discounts available on them tbh, worth asking tho :p

195/50x15 Yoko 48s are 112 each on camskill.co.uk [:^(]

5. jimmy8v Forum Member

I tried blagging really hard from polley motorsport, was going to buy 8 from them, and they were going to give me like 9 quid off per tyre! I'm trying to figure out if i can get them through work. Then i get them cost[:D], cue yokos for all! Yokos in particularseem to be like ipods though, with a rock solid rrp. It's really disheartening when i fit tyres for a living and i cant get them cheap. I can get goodyear gsd3's in your size for about 40 quid each for myself, yet i have to pay full whack on yokos. [:x].

I reckon if we can sort out sufficient demand for say 32-40 tyres, which is only like 8-10 people we should be able to get some discount. Thats like 4 grands plus of tyres, they must do us a deal then, surely?

Lastly and most importantly, robinoz, my sincere apologies for hijacking your thread. I will go elsewhere now and sort another one for this.

6. GVK

Yeh, know what you mean about the discount - I pay 30 + vat for the F1s :)

7. GVK

And also apologies to robinoz [:D]