yokohama parada????

Discussion in 'Wheels and Tyres' started by mk1t4, Jan 28, 2010.

1. mk1t4 Forum Member

YOK0HAMA VR PARADA 2

Anyone tried these yokos out? They are quite reasonably priced at the mo.
    Opinions please!!

2. Matt82

Matt82 Forum Addict

not a patch on the kumho ku31s i replaced them with.

go to google and search tyre reviews. theres a whole site fill of reviews

3. 2dubnick Forum Junkie

I got some on the cabby, good in the dry, ok in the damp, not so good in heavy rain. so many cars run them on dry trackdays I remember at combe about 20 pug 205s in a row all on pradas.

4. StuMc

StuMc Moderator and Regional Host - Manchester Moderator

Someone I know had them, and they were so bad in the wet, he swapped them in less than a week...

5. Mike_H Forum Addict

I've got them on the daily Scirocco. They're ok in the dry, but squeal a lot, they're not great in the wet, but not too bad, and they're hopeless on standing water, mud or snow. I wouldn't buy them again.

6. Admin Guest

you only have to look at the pattern to see its dry summer tyre, almost a "cheap" track day tyre

7. s1monc Forum Member

When i 1st got into trackdays about 6 yrs ago i had a 3dr Sierra Cosworth & did a trackday at Brands with kumho road tyres (tyres were on the wheels i bought secondhand) & they weren't very good on track, overheated after about 3 laps & started sliding all over the place. The next time i went i changed to Yoko Parada's & the difference was night & day (both days dry track) i could stay out a lot longer without the tyres loosing grip,nowhere near R888 grip though. As a road tyre i think they are very good for the price & give very good grip in the dry but as others have said in the wet they are quite poor, more of a summer tyre.
    Depends what your needs are out of your tyres & budget,they are not hard wearing as quite soft.

Simon.