You know what - a massive thanks to a VW Dealer

Discussion in 'Volkswagen Chat' started by Teddy, Oct 29, 2008.

1. Teddy

Teddy CGTI Regional Host

Wayside of Towcester.

Allot of my friends actually use them, and commented that they were very good.
    Seeing as i was in the market for some parts i decided to give them a try.

Spoke to Ian in the parts department, really knew his stuff, told me exactly what was what, give me part numbers, prices & availability.
    Had real confidence he knew what he was talking about, which really makes a massive difference.

So i have ordered;

New Side skirts
    Front & Rear Bumpers
    New fog light set
    and some interior trim replacements.

I'm sure the remainder will run smoothly.

We are all very quick to condemn customer service, but never quick to praise it.

So a big thank you to Wayside of Towcester.

Good stuff.:thumbup:

2. Matt82

Matt82 Forum Addict

the Southend VW dealer are the absolute nuts. i couldnt recommend them enough

3. rubjonny

rubjonny Administrator Staff Member Admin

my props go to whites in camberly, doesnt batt an eyelid when I say 'I want some scirocco 16v parts for my 83 cabby please' :lol:

4. 2dubnick Forum Junkie

My one in worcester aint to bad, Im always after parts from different vw cars for either the Mk1 or Mk2 so they have to be tollerent while I point at the screen, they have no interest in the cars thou but cant hold that against them:p

5. nealey Forum Junkie

listers of coventry gets my vote but then i.a.n.b off this very forum works in there so its only going to be a good service

6. Admin Guest

shorter journey teddy but kettering are very good.

7. bones

bones Paid Member Paid Member

ive recently had some god help from a few seperate dealers on my new mk2 bumper hunt. Got a pair now so wahay!

8. Finite

Finite Paid Member Paid Member

My mate bought his Used Mk2 from Wayside back in the day. I guess I ought to use Kettering more then instead of taking the easy route to Riverside retail.

9. craggsy Forum Member

I use a friend in Bournemouth VW for some parts as he owns a VR6 so knows what i want and need, always top service and receive parts within 2 days.

Also Leicester VW are very good as well, well TPS actually. Chap in there recognises me and knows what car I have and does seem interested, sometimes get trade prices on some things which helps at the mo

10. lufbramatt Forum Member

my props go to Bruce at Beadles in maidstone, top guy whos a rel enthusiast and always gets me the right bit! :)

11. ihaveajetta Forum Member

Where ya from? Is riverside any good?

12. Admin Guest

my one and only trip to riverside put me off going back there.[8(]

13. Finite

It doesn't pay to be to specific on the intarweb, but somewhere between the two dealerships ;)

Riverside? Yeah I must be a gluten for punishment I've had my credit card not returned after a transaction (mind really elsewhere at the time), but did the guy try and contact me?..no and I was greeted with a nonchalant "you left your card here" when I went to pickup the parts [:x]

Haven't seen that guy since, most recently despite a reassurance that I would be contacted next day parts in around 9-10. I had to ring back to find there was either a genuine error or my parts had not been ordered eitherway I still had to chase them up and wait another day. Both these were with senior staff there is a younger guy who is ok though, but you don't get to choose.

Last edited: Oct 30, 2008
  14. Teddy

Teddy CGTI Regional Host

I have a friend who works as mecanic there, thats the only advantage.
    They do not have any customer service skills at all - awful.

15. ihaveajetta Forum Member

doesnt sound like ill ever be going there then!

16. Finite

Just remembered another 'doozy' got served by a shirt when I wanted a few exhaust rubbers as the local motorfactor ones split plus a bit too elastic for the SS backbox.

Took my cash and then proclaimed "Oh God!! That means I've got to order from Germany!!!" took my details aswell, but never contacted me and I lost the receipt :clap:

17. Brookster

Brookster Paid Member Paid Member

Bradford are very good, the guy knows me now, and knows i will always ask somthing out of the ordinary.

18. lord_sharpy Forum Member

been using arthur prince in loughborough through work recently.
    service is brilliant. cant fault it

19. MK1jettaGTi

MK1jettaGTi Club GTI Sponsor and Supporter Trader

South Hereford VW are VERY good, the two main parts guys Colin and Andy are both very clued up and helpful, they do mail order too, and also have in stock some odd bits that they have kept from years back. 01432 376200.

20. GrannyRacer Paid Member Paid Member

Vindis Cambridgeshire get my vote, used them for 11 years for parts, there are two guys in parts dept and David is excellent, I only deal through him as he knows his stuff (if you know what I mean). They did my restoration job recently and went way beyond what they had to.