You will not believe how much I have just been charged for petrol

Discussion in 'General Chat' started by PhatVR6, May 31, 2007.

1. PhatVR6 Forum Junkie

I took the bike out for a bit of a blast, staterted spluttering, had to put it on reserve tank as I was running out of fuel.

I headed straight for the nearest petrol station that I knew was open at 9pm and started filling up with a bit of super (see if it'll give it a good clear out).

I then had to do a double take when I saw the price. in fact, I actually stopped filling and went to look at what the sign said as I couldn't believe my eyes

112.9p

utterly unbelievable. I kicked off at the attendant, and he said "that's why I never buy my petrol from here".

2. N1CK Forum Junkie

:o err, was the guy wearing a balaclava?

3. TurbTech Forum Junkie

In the words of Paul and Harry . . . . they saw you coming!

4. PhatVR6 Forum Junkie

I may have to burn the place down for that.

5. Sc0rian

Sc0rian Forum Member

bloody hell paul,

112, thats baaad

i bet that was funny to watch going up... money going up quicker than liters!

http://www.petrolprices.com/

only shows 109 for most.

6. PhatVR6 Forum Junkie

says 104.9 in my area........

should I take them to court?

7. Jeff Forum Junkie

dont use their own petrol, it'll cos tyou a fortune! :lol:

8. damogti Forum Junkie

I paid 97.9 earlier and thought that was bad :o

9. N1CK Forum Junkie

its not them you should have the beef with, its this guy:

[​IMG]

10. G-Man Forum Junkie

My local tesco's just put prices up by 1p in the last few days I noticed.

Somehow don't get the price movements. Derv is now the same price as petrol at 95.9p but Tesco's super 99 ron stuff used to only be a 3p premium, but instead is not 100.9p making it a solid 5p extra a litre.

11. maxmo

maxmo Forum Member

Thats crazy prices!!! I paid 93.9 for diesel at sunderland last sunday, the unleaded was the same price (I thought that was odd as diesel is normally more) and that was at a shell station too.

12. sutherlandm Forum Junkie

Did they sell itching powder and whoopee cushions too?

Clearly a joke shop.

13. Andover is one of the priciest places around for petrol. 1.05 at the moment, lucky my car is a diesel.

14. Seraph Banned

thats cheap even for derv

15. Dubya Forum Junkie

What's the point of kicking off at the attendant? He doesn't set the prices. When I worked at Shell we checked the prices of local petrol stations and phoned them through to head office, who then told us what price to charge.

Kicking off at someone for something they have no control over is the behaviour of a moron.

16. maxmo

maxmo Forum Member

Its a shame I don't go past there all the time, normally 2 or 3p more where I'm normally driving.

17. prof Forum Addict

optimax was 104 at the station on the M1/690 durham road

18. maxmo

maxmo Forum Member

:o , but is it worth the extra travel to Grindon? Didn't look how much optimax was though as they don't have it on the big board.

19. prof Forum Addict

it's on me way to work....in Loughborough

20. diggerbucket Forum Member

You know there's something wrong with the country when people are saying 93.9p per litre is cheap!