You wont believe how lucky I am...

Discussion in 'General Vehicle Chat' started by PhatVR6, May 16, 2004.

1. PhatVR6 Forum Junkie

Got the engine back together (I'd had the injectors out, one of them was blocked). Turned ignition on and the fuel pump just ran and ran, and I could hear liquid flowing. I shat it and thought an injector was stuck open, so I knocked it off and whipped the plugs out to check.

anyway, no fuel, it was just the fuel rail filling back up so panic over (or so I thought...........) I went to put the plugs back in, and to my horror, half the ceramic was missing of one of them!!! OHH NO!! I remember number 4 felt a bit wierd going in, I must have caught it and knocked the ceramic off...IN THE ENGINE!!!! AAARRGHHH [:x] [:x]

As you will imagine, I wasn't best pleased....I got my little torch out and shone it down the plug hole.....and lo and behold, there it was, sat on top of the piston looking a back at me!! I got a welding rod, and a blob of sikeflex and picked it down carefully and got the b4stard first time (I only had one chance, if it moved I'd have lost it)

How lucky is that!! if the fault hadn't been the injectors then I'd have never took the plug out to check them again as the pump wouldn't have ran on like that.

the piston just happened to be right at the top, and right under the plug hole too.

[harry hill]hmmmm, what are the chances of the happening, eh, ey?[/harry hill]
    make of it waht you will, but I think someone was definitely looking down on me that day and decied 'd gone through engouh hassle with the car and that it just wouldn't have been right to ruin my birthday and make me strip the engine down.

[:D] [:D] [:D]
    Edited by: PhatVR6

2. sixpot Forum Member

Feckin lucky beggar.

3. Admin Guest

lol, this corrado is to close to finish for you to burn it!

4. Deako Paid Member Paid Member

Lucky sod! [:D]

If that was me the piston and head would have been destroyed!

5. sambo Paid Member Paid Member

U should play the lotery,NOW!

6. Rahul Forum Junkie

feck!
    lucky

7. MK3_GPP Forum Member

:o

Very Lucky Indeed :)

8. jbmg40 Forum Member

Mate, that is outrageous luck.

On a similar note, I found a 3/8 drive 10mm socket lodged inside a Polo
    G40 cylinder head a few months ago. As far as I can ascertain, the last
    people to have it apart (some years ago) were a very well known tuning
    company.... I toyed with the idea of popping it in an envelope and
    sending it back to them.
    Edited by: jbmg40

9. cforehead Forum Member

No, send 'em yours and keep their less used one. Then wait for the letter askin' why you've knicked theirs...