Young driver with no NCB..look this way

Discussion in 'Insurance chat' started by Paul_TDi, Feb 7, 2007.

1. Paul_TDi Forum Member

Just a notice to young drivers with no "no claims bonus"...

If you go to Norwich union and complete a quote for fully comp cover and your in th age bracket, (18-29, if i remember correctly) they give you the option for a rapid bonus discount , litle button on the right next to your quote.

Click on that then it took about 500 quid off my quote and it means they'll give you 1 years NCB in 9 months.

2. funkbaron Forum Junkie

These schemes seem a great idea, but in reality they're a bit of a con - firstly, your policy has to be renewed every 9months, but more importantly, the accelerated NCB you gain is only valid with the provider, so it can't be taken with you should you change company. I had the same problem when I insured my car with Adrian Flux, they wouldn't accept my NCB as it was part of a scheme I had with Elephant. So just be aware.

Last edited: Feb 7, 2007
  3. Paul_TDi Forum Member

Ohhhhh bugga, what a idiot i feel now.

Didn't realise I was only buying 9 months worth, they don't exactly word it in the simple terms.

Oh well, NU were chepest by a long shot anyway for my quote, so I'll just renew with them when it comes to it.

4. Jolfa

Jolfa Forum Junkie

as above total con, and i can almost guarantee, that it works out the same per month whether 12 or 9 months, bonus accelerator just apears cheaper, but it is an all round con.

5. Jolfa

Jolfa Forum Junkie

[:[]