Young kids driving 'daddy's cars-Grrr

Discussion in 'General Chat' started by G-Man, Jun 30, 2006.

1. G-Man Forum Junkie

Came home, driving around in my little pooter, and I see a kid who's two years below me (18/19) driving his dad's car around.

Its no Corsa/Fiesta, but a bright orange brand spanking new Ford Focus ST [:x]

The insurance must be crazy for him, spoilt little [:x] But there again having my mk2 v-dub at least i know how to work the basics of the car and know the 'real value' of a car [:D]

Sorry-thats my rant for today [:$]

2. GTILass Forum Member

i know the feeling

someone in my year for his 21st got a brand new lotus.............and he thinks he knows the true value of money (mr ****!)

3. RichardDarrenB Paid Member Paid Member

I know what you mean, saw a kiddie in a drop top Merc the other day in the lights, 2 or 3 tennybopper birds in the back, he eyes up the Bora and says something to his mate in the passenger seat, so I dropped the window and shouted "nice car mate, does your Dad know you've borrowed it"

He went bright red while his mate and the birds started laughing :lol:

4. GTIAndy Forum Member

jealousy is a mofo. their was a guy i no of who for his 1st car got a corsa (normal) but for his 18th got a brand new bmw convertible, 325. the latest shape, big 19s etc. Wee bawbag

andy

5. keith_lemon

keith_lemon Forum Member

on the edge.... also north wales, close to rhyl
    all new young drivers imo should be limited to below 1600cc for two years while they learn the basics and any car that has neons on it should be liable for a new tax from tony blair.

as for daddies car symdrome, i know if i had enough money to buy a focus st or the like i would buy my kid a cheap and chearfull for wrecking with thier mates.

6. GTILass Forum Member

u never respect anythin if its always handed to u on a plate...

7. keith_lemon

keith_lemon Forum Member

on the edge.... also north wales, close to rhyl
    oh how ture!!!!

must value the gf more i think:lol:

8. prof Forum Addict

pass that plate with all the money on it over Dave

9. WEZ

Wez Official Friday thread starter

or maybe it's not daddies car........................

10. sarah16v Forum Member

nothing wrong with having nice cars

No money's free money, someone had to work for it so who gives a toss who then gets the rewards of it. [:s]

[:[]

11. Claypole Forum Junkie

If your parents give you money they've worked for that's upto them but there's no way you appreciate a 10th of what it cost them to earn.

I work with a guy who turns up in a BMW convertable from his dad, he's never had to scrape up a few hundred or thousand to buy his own car and pay to run it so how can he have any appreciation of it?

12. G6 TEE Forum Member

Like it mate - the middle finger works for me. After a cambelt change on the 'G machine on monday, I gave it some candy yesterday; I'd forgotten just how quick the car is - driving around at 40mph in 5th, drop it into 3rd, nail it, and whoop we're away!

Last edited: Jul 1, 2006
  13. bula_82 Forum Junkie

Does he look after the car?

14. eamon1.3 Forum Member

Personally i dont really care, drive about in daddies 20,000 car all they want. Id rather have my wee Golf, cost me 200 and spent months getting it road worthy and saving for insurance, so deep down i know im happier than them.

And the fact that everytime i drive it i smile and it turns more heads than theirs helps too.

15. Kingsley Forum Member

I dont care what others drive... none of us would turn down the chance to own/drive lotus's porka's lambo's even top end bmw's... fair play i say, as mentioned somebody has worked hard for the cash

16. bula_82 Forum Junkie

I dont really care what others drive either as long as they keep out my way [:D] :lol:

Snobbish people that are proud of the fact they have people to buy everything for them agitate me but, at the end of the day, whats chances I'm going to see them again... let them get on with it!

As said above, if your parents buy you something then fair play to you, Ive gone out, earned my money and bought my stuff, but if my parents offered to buy me a car im not going to say no am I [:s] Pleases and thankyou's, along with a bit of respect for what is bought for you shows appreciation to me. :)

17. mat-mk3

mat-mk3 Administrator Admin

I wanna take the porka out but my dad wont let me[8(] :lol:

18. Seraph Banned

^ which model, old or new?

im gona guess quite a new 911?

19. G6 TEE Forum Member

It usually hits home when they have to pay for repairs or tyres out of their own pocket - 'what, I thought tyres lasted for ever' :lol:

20. bula_82 Forum Junkie

:lol: :lol:

This year I have a car that needs to be MOT'd. Credit cards cut up, think I need to start saving :lol: [:$]

When the tyres on the MG were barely legal, dad kindly reminded me I needed to fork out for these too [:|] 2 years of having the service paid for (by MG/Rover) No MOT and only paying for tax and insurance I kind of got comfortable, the expense of cars soon hit home [:$] [:D]