Your fave discontinued foods

Discussion in 'General Chat' started by lard44, Jan 18, 2010.

1. lard44 Forum Member

Went into M&S tonight, having tried three other branches and plucked up the courage to ask about their white chocolate covered strawberries (they sound horrendous and eating more than 2 gave me the shakes) only to find they're discontinued. Been making them for years, now no more...
    [​IMG]

Gutted. Made me think though...I also miss Joosters
    [​IMG]
    Used to be able to get this in Tesco back in the mid-90s...
    [​IMG]
    I have a sweet tooth you can tell...what do you guys miss most?

2. nealey Forum Junkie

ive been looking for months for chunks of cadburys cruncy bars, they used to sell them in sainsburys but they seem to have been discontinued now, shame smashing a crunchie bar up doesnt have the same effect

3. geneticmaterial

geneticmaterial Forum Member

Asda Stopped Doing Dolmio Pasta Bakes For A While.................worried Me A Bit

4. Matt G Forum Member

i used to love sunpat "creamy crunch" peanut butter, but they stopped making it. it was chunky style but quite sweet. closest i come to it is one in aldi.

5. jonk710

jonk710 Forum Member

When I was at school the sweetie shop up the town used to sell quarters of "toffee apples"

They were apple flavoured sookie sweets with a lump of toffee in the middle - splendid!

Alas, no more!

6. geordiegar Forum Member

Texan Bars!

7. Soylent Green!

8. Mike_H Forum Addict

Spangles - not the old English ones though.

9. karmann gettit

karmann gettit Forum Member

Thunderbird Wine - still available in some states of the USA but not here [:^(]

ps lard tesco do those white chocolate strawberry things just the same but different packet and cheaper

10. pRot3us Forum Junkie

:lol:

11. Mike_H Forum Addict

It's made out of people, y'know ;)

12. sum1

sum1 Forum Member

Secret chocolate bar ftw!

13. paulyDMX Forum Member

54321 chocolate bar

14. PeeJay Forum Junkie

Hmmm, not so much discountinued as the only supermarket that carried them near me has dropped them in favour of some sub-par own brand - Crassington's Spicy Bean Burgars - just lovely and low-fat too.

Vanilla Diet Coke

I lived on McD's when I was a back-packer, I miss Oero McFlurries and Mz Oz Burgers (basically a 1/4 pounder with a big slab of beetroot on it, yeah I know, they put cheese on HotDogs too)

Also some kinda buiscuit from my childhood about the size of a credit card, only with 2 rows of marshmallow on top with jam. They might still do them,I don't allow myself for the sweets alises of the supermarket now.

15. madmonkey Forum Addict

Mountain Dew!

16. Raider Forum Member

I was quite partial to that Orange flavour Coca-Cola they did for a while.

17. mat-mk3

mat-mk3 Administrator Admin

Not discontinued though;)

I also loved Joostsers[:^(]

18. madmonkey Forum Addict

Can't ruddy find the stuff though, I almost OD'd on the stuff a few years back in Oz.[:$]

19. Richard Mk2

Richard Mk2 Paid Member Paid Member

[​IMG]

Maverick Chocolate Bars ftw :thumbup: