Your favourite/least favourite VW car fad

Discussion in 'General Vehicle Chat' started by dragonfly, Aug 2, 2011.

1. A.N. Other Banned after significant club disruption Dec 5th 2

You expect something in a show field to be driveable :o

Pfft, superficiality all the way :thumbup:

Mind you, I did want to get a pic for eternity of it on the stage, but there was no way [:^(]

2. A.N. Other Banned after significant club disruption Dec 5th 2

The steam punk thing is:

- rubbishly named
    - different era

... but there is a Polo about that definitely carves some of that idea off.

3. prof Forum Addict

[​IMG]

nice to see daved's PC making an appearence on that thread

4. StuMc

StuMc Moderator and Regional Host - Manchester Moderator

Very few of those cars are true `Steampunk` more like Rat-rods or just some everyday car with tat glued on in an attempt to fit in some pigeonhole...nowt new there!

Dan; If you were to get into it, you`d have to dress like this (assuming you don`t already! :lol:)

[​IMG]

Incidently, I`ve been loving that Dieselrod for a while now. It`s actually my desktop wallpaper. [:D]

[​IMG]

5. TJ2727 Forum Member

I did hear some one say that VW knew the MK3 was not as good as the MK2 hence why it was made with cheaper steel so they could give their parts to MK2's ;)

6. DazzaG40 New Member

Agreed Jon P! I had a mk3 Polo G40 and loved it to bits, and was much MUCH better built than my 6n which I sold for 30 as a field car, utter ****e! They look nice but what was VW thinking using crappy ungalvanised steel? They left the factory rotten, same as the aforementioned mk3 golfs and vento's.

Also want to add I hate vr6 engines. My last car before my current mk2 was a black highline 3dr vr6, with a shrick equal length inlet and cam, chip, jetex etc on, over 200bhp, and it felt soooooooo slow, made what felt like an embarrassingly small amount of torque, basically turned petrol into a nice noise, at 8-15mpg! They're crying out for a supercharger. I vote G40 for the best VW ever made :)

7. craggsy Forum Member

Gotta agree with that except the Porsche thing.....I have Porsche brakes and they really help slow the R32 down

8. shaz8389

shaz8389 Forum Junkie

Apparently a V5 gearbox would of changed your life.

9. DazzaG40 New Member

Does that make much difference to the vr's mate?

10. 2dubnick Forum Junkie

Yea, shorter ratio's or even a shorter final drive will make a difference to any engine, just happens the VR6 really needs this change. Personally I dont rate them either, GVKs was impressive but didnt give the sensation of speed like a more revvy engine does.

11. JettaTDi

JettaTDi Forum Member

I personally hate with a passion the word "scene", having a VW should be a personal statement in your taste, not somebody else's perception as to what is "in" at the present moment.

When you read a certain VW magazine, it's scene this and scene that, does my box in.

People seem to spend a fortune so their car is "scene", totally pointless if you ask me.

Last edited: Aug 4, 2011