Your Near misses?

Discussion in 'General Vehicle Chat' started by octane, May 11, 2004.

1. octane Forum Junkie

Any near misses lately? with police or anything?

mine would have to be, bank holiday weekend doing 40 in a 30 driving along. Saw 2 police bikes, van, cop car and a bloke with a radar.
    Was i caught?
    NO he was pointing it at a bird flying past laughing with his police chums!

2. Dave J Forum Member

Was she fit? :lol:

3. Claypole Forum Junkie

Passed a Police Saab parked up on the hard shoulder a while ago while i was doing about 125mph, couldn't come after me fast enough... not fast enough though, was doing 60 when they caught up, still pulled me the buggers, no evidence apart from seeing me though so got away with a telling off. :lol:

4. Jolfa

Jolfa Forum Junkie

near miss lets see

me and my mate both got pulled for playing silly games in our cars, with an unmarked pig behind us DOH!

one gets out of the car "right sunshine the least you're getting for this is 3 points!"

oh f**k

we both got producers, v lucky

as for near death, i have one of those near misses most days

mate wasnt so lucky the other night, caught doing 110 down a dual cariageway, got let off-ish after he did a bit of sweet talking and the police wrote down 90mph instead, still 3 points but no court...

5. rjscotty Forum Member

had a van pull out on me when i was doing 50 in a 30 anaged to stop just in time by stamping on and off the brakes (NO ABS) very close

6. Deako Paid Member Paid Member

Smart that one, just the right time for all those kiddies running around on a joyful day off!![:s]

7. DarrenW Forum Junkie

SO long as he wasn't driving on the pavements I don't see the problem? Roads are for cars...*

* oooh,controversial :lol:

8. Claypole Forum Junkie

No the truth instead of the lies peddled by the anti car but we'll take your tax scum!!

Like that one where the car locks up one set of wheels and mows down the kiddie in the road coz he was going 5mph too fast, er wtf are we off on planet blame speed coz some kid hadn't been taught the difference between right and wrong by his parents?

I'm sick of it.

If a pedestrian gets knocked down in the ROAD then they should be the ones who are proving their innocence or am I going mental... [8-}]

Bring back Carmageddon I say.

9. Dietrich Forum Member

Best one was flying past a cop car at 80 in a 40... It was going the other way and I didn't slow down at all (only realised as I passed it). 3am.

Another good one going 70 in a 40 in the wet. Didn't see the speed camera until late so I locked the wheels and skidded through it with the speedo showing 40. Was lucky there. 1am.

Scariest... Was pulling out onto a main road. Looked right, saw a lorry letting me go... Checked left, saw nothing. Pulled out - see a speeding BMW coming towards me. SOMEHOW it skidded round me. He wasn't best pleased. :( Genuine mistake that - was 8am in the morning and I was totally shattered.

Other than that, I'm a good driver.

Tom

10. mk1vdub Forum Member

a wierd one I had recntly was overtaking someone on a duel carrige way i get out beside them and theres a f*cking bucket in the f*ucking road! lock up, hit bucket, (no damage!) swear a LOT :lol: actually knocked bucket onto centre grass bit so carry on my way cursing all builders/plumbers etc :lol:

11. diggerbucket Forum Member

Not too long ago I was coming home at about midnight doing about 90, and the biggest fuc[/b]king deer I have ever seen jumps out onto the road just a few metres in front. Absolutely mashed the brake pedal into the floor, but that wasn't doing much good so let off and yanked the steering wheel round to the right as fast as I could. Clipped the deer's arse with my wing mirror, no damage done!

12. daljsd Forum Member

3 of us were racing a R32 skyline on the way home from inters... my mate pulled into the right lane to overtake him............ the skyline decided to pull into our lane as we were next to him about to pass him .........

the skyline came within inches of my mates MK2 at about 135 mph in the wet.....

luckily my mate swerved to the right avaoiding a messy crash [:D] .

at least the Skyline guy said sorry.... got it all on video... it's quite funny.

13. Guests Banned

on the way to inters!

baz will back me up on this one! ;)

bout 10 of us in a convoy....to be honest we were all way to close together going pretty fast. everyone started breaking a little and i thought to myself thats ok just let off the throttle. then sudenly it seemed as if everyone stopped.....think we near on did. i was breaking so hard i had to switch to the centre lane. as did the 2 cars behind me.

would have been about 5 dubs taken out and the number of limited edition 16v g60's would be down to 4 in the country [:$]

on my bike i have close ones everyday......why people feel the need to try cross the road when they can here a superbike roaring down the road ill never know.....on the plus side i have learnt stoppies because of it :lol:

14. octane Forum Junkie

Good isn't it? Didn't think you'de have any near misses Luke, You being God any all that.

P.s most of the mids were in the next vilage just down the road at the gala day, But hohum.

15. MK2. Forum Member

You're clearly mental

16. GT

GT Forum Member

where is this vid of the skyline thing then, you gonna post it?

17. daljsd Forum Member

i gonna try an record the vid onto my pc.. then see how it goes.

18. veedubnutz Forum Junkie

:lol: :lol: :lol:

19. Ali baba Forum Member

For my tuppence worth, scary moments every time I take the bike out (why do some drivers not like checking their mirrors or signaling ?) as Recardo says.
    Most recent car scary moment would be the time the brake pedal went all the way to the floor without slowing the car as I was hacking it down an Andorran/French mountain in a Mk1 Cab just before I saw the old bill with all their paramilitary gear on.
    Not sure which was scarier .. ;)

20. Back in April I swapped ends approx six times in the Audi after losing control at around 90mph.

Didn't hit anything or damage the car bar some scrubbed tyres so I call that a damn near miss! [:s]