Zaust low

Discussion in 'Engines' started by 1982.rpd, Jan 30, 2010.

1. 1982.rpd Forum Member

I fitted my jetex zaust today really good fit, all small hangers were new and fit fine, no hitting of zaust on rear beam or bottom of car but the exit pipes look to low, the bracket on th back box did seem quite tall and sits almost next to the bracket fitted to the car, Dennis10 even said it looked to low when I picked up some seats from him. has anyone else had this problem?

2. nealey Forum Junkie

Jetex i had on a car fitted perfectly and didnt look out of place at all, have you fitted the jetex rear hanger instead of the vag one?

3. 1982.rpd Forum Member

Well it came with the hangers, I will get pics up

4. 1982.rpd Forum Member

5. tshirt2k

tshirt2k Forum Junkie

No thats wrong. There should only be one hanger that you change at the back. and its shorter than the original.

6. 1982.rpd Forum Member

There was a hanger with a middle split so its shorter and thats how i put it on.
    The zaust braket seems to long I'll get another pic up.

7. rubjonny

rubjonny Administrator Staff Member Admin

hows your rubber, if its old it coulkd stretch. chain one would take care oif it, bit of a bugger to fit but it wont come off any time soon

8. Dennis10

Dennis10 Forum Member

The rubber looked pretty new when I had a look, I think youve got the wrong set of hangers on there, they seemed quite elongated to me, looking at mine Ive got relatively short hangers followed by the rubbers

Yours is shinier than mine tho ... [:^(] :lol:

9. 1982.rpd Forum Member

Lol ^^^ I moved the bracket under the car at the back box end 180 degrees and all is well, I turned it to get the last zaust to stop banging on the rear beam.